MUSIC PLAYER AT BOTTOM

OVER 130 TOP HITS AVAILABLE ON OUR MUSIC PLAYER AT THE BOTTOM. TO VIEW THE LIST - CLICK ON MENU ICON AT THE BOTTOM RIGHT ... PLAYER NOT AVAILABLE FOR MOBILE PHONE / TABLET USERS

TO GET UPDATES IN YOUR E-MAIL PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS

CHALLENGE ISKANDAR PUTERI

CHALLENGE ISKANDAR PUTERI
WE ARE TRIATHLON

Thursday, 13 July 2017

Ceiling Fan in School falls and hits form 6 student nearly killing him.

Form Six student injured, nearly killed by falling fan

SMK St Michael student Sam Ming Hui showing the wound on his left cheek when met at the KPJ Ipoh Specialist Hospital on July 12.
SMK St Michael student Sam Ming Hui showing the wound on his left cheek when met at the KPJ Ipoh Specialist Hospital on July 12.
 
IPOH: An 18-year-old Form Six student from SMK St Michael here was nearly killed when a ceiling fan fell and hit his face.
"I remember hearing a single clicking sound right before it fell. I was in shock and had no idea what hit me. There was a lot of blood," said Sam Ming Hui said when met at a private hospital here on Wednesday.
He was brought to the hospital by his 45-year-old father, mechanic Sam Yau Seng, who said he imagined the worst when the school called him to tell him what happened to his eldest child.
Yau Seng described the 10-minute drive from his workplace to the school as "torture".
"It was only when I saw him that I realised how lucky he is to have only sustained a gash on his face. Two inches more and he would have been blind. Three inches more and he would have died," he said.
image: http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2017/07/12/ipoh-student-nearly-killed-by-falling-fan/~/media/3609e828db91417a9723db252a8879b0.ashx?h=558&w=400
SMK St Michael principal T. Gunalan showing a photograph of the snapped bolt of a fan that fell and hit a student during class, when met at the KPJ Ipoh Specialist Hospital on July 12. 
Yau Seng added that he hoped this would be a wake up for the school to step up the maintenance of their facilities.
Meanwhile, school principal T. Gunalan said that the incident was due to a snapped bolt in the mounting device.
He added that such an incident is almost unheard of.
"It would not have been detected during servicing by our electrician. This is a most unexpected and unfortunate thing to have happened to our student," he said.
Gunalan, who estimated the broken fan to be a decade old, said both fans in the classroom was immediately replaced after the incident.
"The electricians have also checked the other fans at the block of classrooms. Further checks around the school will be carried out tomorrow," he said after visiting Ming Hui at night.
He added that maintenance was not an issue at the school as its board of governors and Parent-Teacher Association provided ample funds for this purpose

Read more at http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2017/07/12/ipoh-student-nearly-killed-by-falling-fan/#xYzJWcuoDd84090I.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT TO WIN A PRIZE EVERY FORTNIGHT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TWITTER POSTS

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Popular Posts - All Time

STORY SOURCE

The best stories & news from The Star Online, NST, Malaysian Digest, Asiaone, Beautifulnara, Rotikaya, Ohbulan, TheMalayMailOnline, Siakap Keli, Malaysian Insider, Free Malaysia Today and Yahoo are shared in this BLOG bestfbkl.blogspot.com

This Blog claims no credit for any images or stories on this site unless otherwise posted.

Post and Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners.

If there is a post or image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it to appear on this site, please email with a link to the said image, it will be promptly removed.

Google+ Followers