Translate

25 December 2013

SPORTS MINISTER KHAIRY SAYS " HAVE FAITH IN YOUR RELIGION"

Khairy: Have faith in your religion

Khairy Jamaluddin.
Khairy Jamaluddin.
   
PETALING JAYA: Khairy Jamaluddin has reminded Malaysians that “no one can make you lose your religion” if you “have faith in your own faith.”
In an unconventional Christmas greeting on his Facebook page, the Umno youth chief related how his years in a Catholic primary school in Japan could not undermine or shake his faith.
Khairy who is also Youth and Sports Minister said that school would begin with a Christian prayer where the others would bow their head in silence out of respect.           
“Sometimes I would recite the Al-Fatihah quietly to myself. Sometimes I would just daydream,” said Khairy on Wednesday, whose father was a diplomat.
Khairy said there was a crucifix in every classroom and that many of his friends went for their Holy Communion and had their pictures taken for the yearbook. 
He also said that Brother Raymond, a teacher who happened to be a priest left an impression of hard work and play on him.  
He added that all of them sang in a choir and that during Christmas, non-Christians also sang the non-religious songs.
Khairy said that he also went to his friends' houses for Christmas where gift exchanging was a norm. 
Participating in all these activities however did not affect his faith because his parents instilled a strong Islamic foundation in him said Khairy.
“I led congregational prayers among my peers when I was small. I took part in Quran recitals organised by the embassy. Nothing I experienced at my Catholic school could undermine or shake my faith. 
”The point of my brief recollection is this: have faith in your own faith. If your belief is strong, no one can make you lose your religion.

”And if you are sure of your own convictions, you will respect others even more.
 “You won't view them as a threat, as people secretly working to proselytise you,” he said in his message that was widely shared on Facebook. 




Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED