Translate

26 October 2013

PGA TOUR CIMB CLASSIC - Chris Stroud and Ryan Moore Share Lead


Stroud and Moore share lead at CIMB Classic

Ryan Moore had opened up a three-shot lead on the back nine © Getty Images
Enlarge
Chris Stroud and Ryan Moore both overcame mistakes and bogeys on the back nine to take a share of the lead at 12-under heading into the final round of the CIMB Classic in Malaysia.
Stroud, who started the day five strokes back, surged into contention after making five birdies on the front nine - including four in a row - before finding the water on the 12th hole and carding two bogeys.
Moore opened up a three-shot lead on the back nine, only to bogey four of five holes to give it right back.
Overnight leader Keegan Bradley looked nothing like the golfer who shot 65 and 66 in the first two rounds, hitting a four-over 76 to fall back to a share of sixth place.
"It was almost two different days out there," Moore said. "I'm rolling it well, and if I'm putting well I'm going to have opportunities... and I know I'm going to make some birdies."
Stroud meanwhile said: "I'm pulling from all that experience, and what I learned under the gun [at Travelers] was I don't need to try to do anything fancy.
"I just need to stick to my game plan, keep hitting shots, keep hitting good quality shots, keep putting myself in the right positions, keep hitting good putts, and stick to my strengths, which are chipping, putting and wedges, and get myself in the fairway."
Phil Mickelson had a better round after admitting to struggling with his swing, scoring a four-under 68 to shoot up the leaderboard and end the day on seven-under. Sergio Garcia is the highest-placed European at eight-under.
© ESPN.co.uk

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED