Translate

23 January 2018

Woman sustained serious injuries when she was attacked by two snatch thieves near her mother’s home


Woman slashed by snatch thieves, seriously injured

By Sylvia Looi
The Malay Mail Online23 January 2018



Chin Sze Lin suffered a 10cm-slash wound after snatch thieves attacked her with a dagger at Taman Kemuncak in Ipoh Garden East, January 19, 2018. — Picture courtesy of Facebook/Chin Sze LinMore


IPOH, Jan 23 — A 34-year-old woman sustained serious injuries when she was attacked by two snatch thieves near her mother’s home at Ipoh Garden East on Friday.

Chin Sze Lin said she had arrived at Taman Kemuncak to drop her daughters.

“As I got down from the car and wanted to carry my youngest daughter, I heard a motorcycle speeding towards me and my first instinct was to get back into the car,” she said in a Facebook posting today that has already been shared 1,720 times.

“But before I managed to lock the car with the central lock, the rider and pillion rider pulled me out of the car and tried to snatch my sling bag,” she added.

Chin said she screamed as loud as she could for help when the incident occurred.

“This may have angered them and one of them started to slash me with a dagger while another kicked me on the head,” she said.

Chin said her brother heard her cries and rushed out from the home to help her before sending her to the hospital for treatment.

“I am lucky that I was not stabbed to death but the thieves left a 10cm cut on my neck, head, hand with scratches and bruises all over my body,” she said, adding that her family was still traumatised over the incident.

When contacted, district police chief Assistant Commissioner Mohd Ali Tamby confirmed a report had been lodged.

“We are still investigating the case,” he said, adding that no arrest has been made yet as the victim could not recognise the suspects and that she did not see the motorcycle’s number plate.

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED