Translate

15 April 2017

Chef Wan expressed his happiness over the move by his actress daughter Serina to go separate ways with Irishman husband Gavin Edward



Chef Wan hails daughter’s decision to divorce hubby

image: http://www.thestar.com.my/~/media/online/2017/04/14/19/30/main_bl_1504_p012d_boblee_1.ashx/?w=620&h=413&crop=1&hash=1A269E1AED5AFC59AF47D626E762D447AC5F9019
Chef Wan: "My daughter deserves bette".
Chef Wan: "My daughter deserves bette".
PETALING JAYA: It’s confirmed. The daughter of celebrity chef Datuk Redzuawan Ismail, better known as Chef Wan, has filed for divorce from her husband of seven years.

In a series of Instagram posts, Chef Wan expressed his happiness over the move by his actress daughter Serina to go separate ways with Irishman Gavin Edward O’Luanaigh.
In breaking his silence, Chef Wan said he was sharing his thoughts on Serina’s unhappy marriage publicly because there has been too much speculation.
“After advising my son-in-law numerous times on the importance of a husband’s responsibility to provide monthly financial support to his wife and his refusal to accept my advice, I am very happy that my daughter is filing for divorce,” he said.
“We will go ahead with the legal proceedings to fight for her rights and for justice too.”
The couple married in January 2010 and has two children.
Chef Wan said that in any marriage, the wife should be “spoilt by the husband”. But in Serina’s case, she had to work hard to provide for her family.
“As a father, I feel sad for her,” he said. “There is no such thing as money is my money and your money also. You need to contribute to the household,” he said.
Chef Wan said that he gives his ex-wife RM3,000 a month for her living allowance and bought her a three-bedroom apartment after their marriage ended.
He also said that he was generous towards his children and grandchildren.
He believes his daughter deserves a better and happier life.
“Marriage is always a gamble but you must be truthful and happy, otherwise have the guts to walk out of it,” he said.
“I am sad for my grandchildren but I believe that with all our attention and love, they will survive.”
Chef Wan said he “is proud of his daughter and that she is a hard worker, responsible and independent” and “not the type to demand for material things”. “Sometimes I have to nag her about wearing clothes that look so cheap and scold her for not having better taste in dressing,” he added.

Read more at http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2017/04/15/chef-wan-hails-daughters-decision-to-divorce-hubby/#voWe2CCKCdrwYbZR.99

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED