MUSIC PLAYER AT BOTTOM

OVER 130 TOP HITS AVAILABLE ON OUR MUSIC PLAYER AT THE BOTTOM. TO VIEW THE LIST - CLICK ON MENU ICON AT THE BOTTOM RIGHT ... PLAYER NOT AVAILABLE FOR MOBILE PHONE / TABLET USERS

TO GET UPDATES IN YOUR E-MAIL PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS

Tuesday, 28 February 2017

Appeals Court Unanimously upholds decision ordering MAS to release 37 documents to MH370 next of kin

Image result for mh370

Appeals court upholds order that MAS releases documents to MH370 next-of-kin

 
PUTRAJAYA: The Court of Appeal upheld a High Court order compelling Malaysian Airline System Bhd (MAS) to provide documents on flight MH370 to the 76 next-of-kin of the passengers who were on board.
This followed a decision by a three-member panel chaired by Justice Tengku Maimun Tuan Mat which unanimously dismissed the appeal by MAS to set aside the High Court order made on Sept 8 last year.
"We find no compelling or substantive reason to disturb the High Court order which was discretionary in nature," she said.
She also said that there was no error in the High Court judge's exercise of discretion.
The panel, which included Justices Abdul Rahman Sebli and Zaleha Yusof, also ordered MAS to pay RM10,000 in costs.
MH370 went missing en route to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur on March 8, 2014.
The 76 next-of-kin of the passengers were plaintiffs in a suit filed in March last year against MAS, Malaysian Airlines Berhad (MAB), the Director-General of the Department of Civil Aviation (DCA), the Royal Malaysian Air Force and the Government for alleged negligence and breach of duties.
They comprised 66 Chinese nationals, eight Indian nationals and two Americans.
They are seeking 37 documents, including communications, correspondence, documents and other materials, notes, memoranda, internal documents and investigators reports in relation to flight MH370.
In the suit, they are also seeking among others, special, general and aggravated damages, mourning expenses, interests and other relief deemed fit by the court.
The Kuala Lumpur-Beijing bound flight carrying 239 passengers and crew was declared missing after disappearing from the radar screens on March 8, 2014.
Lawyer Saranjit Singh represented MAS, while senior federal counsel Andi Razalijaya A. Dadi represented DCA, the Royal Malaysian Air Force and the Government.
Lawyer Tommy Thomas appeared for the family members of the passengers. - Bernama

Read more at http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2017/02/28/appeals-court-upholds-order-for-mas-to-release-mh370-documents-to-next-of-kin/#rbwkcuYgZh24bUUK.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT TO WIN A PRIZE EVERY FORTNIGHT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TWITTER POSTS

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Popular Posts - All Time

STORY SOURCE

The best stories & news from The Star Online, NST, Malaysian Digest, Asiaone, Beautifulnara, Rotikaya, Ohbulan, TheMalayMailOnline, Siakap Keli, Malaysian Insider, Free Malaysia Today and Yahoo are shared in this BLOG bestfbkl.blogspot.com

This Blog claims no credit for any images or stories on this site unless otherwise posted.

Post and Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners.

If there is a post or image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it to appear on this site, please email with a link to the said image, it will be promptly removed.

Google+ Followers