MUSIC PLAYER AT BOTTOM

OVER 130 TOP HITS AVAILABLE ON OUR MUSIC PLAYER AT THE BOTTOM. TO VIEW THE LIST - CLICK ON MENU ICON AT THE BOTTOM RIGHT ... PLAYER NOT AVAILABLE FOR MOBILE PHONE / TABLET USERS

TO GET UPDATES IN YOUR E-MAIL PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS

Monday, 20 February 2017

Malaysian Police release names 4 North Korean Suspects who is believed to have departed from Malaysia, 4 suspects in custody as they seek 3 more in the country.







KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 19 — The police have named four North Korean suspects in the murder of Kim Jong-nam, the estranged half-brother of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.


Deputy Inspector General of Police Tan Sri Noor Rashid Ibrahim said that all four men left the country on February 13, the same day when Jong-Nam was killed at KLIA2 after being swabbed with a chemical liquid by two women.
The men were named as Ri Ji-hyon, 33, Hong Song-hac, 34, O Jong-gil, 55, and Ri Jae-nam, 57.
Noor Rashid however refused to reveal where the four men departed to on the day of the murder.
The police had previously arrested four people and are seeking three more people to assist with investigations.
Malaysian police said Sunday they believe five North Koreans were involved in the murder of the half-brother of leader Kim Jong-Un, with four having fled the country on the day of the killing.
Seoul said the announcement proved Pyongyang was behind the murder of Kim Jong-Nam, who died after being squirted in the face with an unidentified liquid at Kuala Lumpur International Airport on Monday.
The case has also sparked a diplomatic row between Pyongyang and Kuala Lumpur, after Malaysia rejected demands quickly to hand the body over to the North.
Four North Korean men were being sought over the killing, Deputy Inspector-General of Police Noor Rashid Ibrahim told a press conference, in addition to their 46-year old compatriot Ri Jong Chol who was arrested in Kuala Lumpur Saturday.
Suspects Ri Ji Hyon, O Jong Gil, Ri Jae Nam and Hong Song Sac, aged between 33 and 57, entered Malaysia in February or late January, the police chief said.
Three more North Koreans were wanted for questioning, he said.
Officers have already arrested one North Korean, an Indonesian woman and her Malaysian boyfriend, as well as a Vietnamese woman.
"Considering that five suspects are North Korean nationals, we view that the North Korean government is behind the incident," Seoul's unification ministry spokesman Jeong Joon-Hee said immediately after Sunday's announcement.
The deputy police chief refused to comment on any political motive for the killing, saying only that investigations were ongoing.
Pyongyang has demanded Jong-Nam's body be returned but Malaysia has said it must remain in the country until it is identified through a DNA sample from a family member.
"We are trying very hard to get the next of kin to come and assist us in the investigation," Noor Rashid said, but added no such family member had yet come forward.
Police were still waiting for the results of an autopsy conducted on Wednesday, he said.
- Spa masseuse suspect -
Vietnamese suspect Doan Thi Huong, 28, worked as an "entertainment outlet employee", police said Sunday, while 25-year-old Indonesian Siti Aishah was a masseuse at a spa.
Huong grew up in a small rice farming village in Vietnam's Nam Dinh province and left around 10 years ago, former neighbours said, but always stood out on visits back home.
"She has always been very fashionable, with colourful hair," neighbour Maria Nguyen told AFP, adding that every lunar new year Huong would return to the village with a different foreign boyfriend.
Huong was seen in CCTV images at Kuala Lumpur airport wearing a white top with the letters "LOL" emblazoned on the front, according to Malaysian media.
Authorities in Hanoi have yet to confirm whether the woman identified by Malaysia as Doan Thi Huong is a Vietnamese national, but Ngyuen said "we knew one hundred percent it was her".
Police have been making regular visits to the village since the news broke, she added.
Huong's brother Joseph Doan said they had been given little information on what had happened to his sister. He said he had not been in contact with her much and did not know what she did for work.
Indonesian Police Chief Tito Karnavian said he had information from Malaysia that Aishah was tricked into thinking she was simply taking part in a prank for a reality TV show, but Noor Rashid would not comment on the claim.
The drama erupted on Monday as Jong-Nam prepared to board a plane to Macau, where he has been living in recent years. Malaysian police say the 45-year-old was jumped by two women who squirted liquid in his face.
He suffered a seizure and died before arriving at hospital.
He was once thought to be the natural successor to his father, the then-North Korean leader Kim Jong-Il.
But after Jong-Il's death in 2011 the succession went instead to his younger half-brother Kim Jong-Un.
Reports of purges and executions have emerged from the current regime as Jong-Un tries to strengthen his grip on power in the face of international pressure over his nuclear and missile programmes.
South Korea has cited a "standing order" from Jong-Un to kill his sibling, and a failed assassination bid in 2012 after Jong-Nam criticised the regime.


KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 19 — The police have given Kim Jong-Nam’s next-of-kin two weeks to claim his body, but refused to reveal their next course of action if the body is not claimed.
“I am giving two weeks, not more,” Deputy Inspector General of Police Tan Sri Noor Rashid Ibrahim said today.
Noor Rashid said that so far, no family members of Jong-Nam, who was killed after being swabbed with a chemical liquid at KLIA2 on February 13, had come forward to claim the body.
The body of the estranged half brother of North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un is currently at the Hospital Kuala Lumpur (HKL) morgue, as the first post mortem on the cause of death proved inconclusive.
Noor Rashid said that the authorities are still awaiting toxicology and pathological reports to determine the cause of death.
Yesterday, Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr S. Subramaniam was reported as saying that the toxicology report would take two weeks to complete.
North Korea previously said it would not accept any autopsy reports done by Malaysia as Malaysia did not seek their permission before conducting the post mortem.
The police had stressed that their actions were according to local legal and procedural requirements.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT TO WIN A PRIZE EVERY FORTNIGHT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TWITTER POSTS

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Popular Posts - All Time

STORY SOURCE

The best stories & news from The Star Online, NST, Malaysian Digest, Asiaone, Beautifulnara, Rotikaya, Ohbulan, TheMalayMailOnline, Siakap Keli, Malaysian Insider, Free Malaysia Today and Yahoo are shared in this BLOG bestfbkl.blogspot.com

This Blog claims no credit for any images or stories on this site unless otherwise posted.

Post and Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners.

If there is a post or image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it to appear on this site, please email with a link to the said image, it will be promptly removed.

Google+ Followers