Translate

13 March 2016

Tengku Adnan says "I think I should clarify that my title is not from Malaysia" saying that he descends from a line of Aceh warriors and that the title is hereditary.


THE STAR
KUALA LUMPUR: Datuk Seri Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor (pic) has hit out at those who question the veracity of his "Tengku" title, saying that he descends from a line of Aceh warriors and that the title is hereditary.
"This is a time where people condemn everything, even my title as a Tengku has become a problem," the party secretary-general said at a Wanita Umno gathering in the Batu constituency.
"I think I should clarify that my title is not from Malaysia," he said, adding that spoke about his title before back in 1982 when contesting for an Umno Youth exco position.
"I had said that that my heritage is from Aceh. My ancestors were the ones who brought Islam to the land of Malaysia," he said.
"If you study the history of Aceh, you will know of Tengku Nyah Abu – and here is the 'grandson' fighting his own battle.
"Back then, they did not submit to the Dutch and that is the same fighting spirit which runs in my blood," he said.
Former Batu Kawan division vice-chief Khairuddin Abu Hassan had alleged that the title was fake in a Facebook post on Feb 29.
The was after Tengku Adnan had questioned the eligibility of Khairuddin to lodge a report against Umno with the Registrar of Societies over the suspension of former party deputy president Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin.

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED