Translate

12 August 2016

The Body of the sister-in-law of Perlis Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Azlan Man was found in a river


MB’s sis-in-law drowns







ARAU: The sister-in-law of Perlis Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Azlan Man was found drowned in a river here.

Villagers found the body of English teacher Haliza Hassan (pic), 42, at Sungai Kampung Teluk in Jalan Tambun Tulang, not far from her house at Kampung Guar Sanji at 8.20am yesterday.

Haliza taught at SK Tengku Budriah here.

Her husband Zahari Man, 61, was not in Perlis as he was attending to work-related matters.



The couple’s son Muhsin Zahari, 16, who is an only child, said he last spoke to his mother just before midnight on Wednesday.

He also said that just before going to bed, he saw his mother readying her clothes to be worn for work the next day.

“My mother was on medical leave on Wednesday as she was not feeling well,” he said.

When he woke up for Subuh prayers at dawn yesterday, he realised his mother was not at home.

“I found my mother’s car still parked outside and I realised that she had not gone to school. I went around the house to look for her.

“Then I heard villagers telling me that they found a woman’s body floating in the river,” Muhsin said when met yesterday at the Tuanku Fauziah Hospital mortuary where his mother’s body was brought in a post-mortem.

Muhsin said that a few days ago, his mother was unusually quiet and kept to herself.

He remembered that his mother told him to get good results in this year’s SPM so that he could achieve his dream of becoming a doctor.

“She also told me that she had no property to pass on to me and that she could only give me know-ledge for my success,” he said.

Arau police chief Supt Nanda Maarof said no injuries were found on Haliza’s body, adding that the case was classified as sudden death.

He also said police had interviewed Haliza’s brother Masshor Hassan, 43, who told them that his sister had been depressed.

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED