Translate

22 January 2019

Chef Wan Apologises to Najib For Slapping Statement :“To Datuk Seri Najib, I apologise with an open heart for using vulgar language because I was very angry.


'To Najib, I'm sorry,' says Chef Wan


Monday, 21 Jan 20191:37 PM MYT









image: https://www.thestar.com.my/~/media/online/2019/01/21/05/42/nat_8279.ashx/?w=620&h=413&crop=1&hash=5D68EA7878C31137A9D1BB9B3F799D7EA010ACE6


PETALING JAYA: Celebrity chef Datuk Redzuawan Ismail (pic), better known as Chef Wan, apologised to Datuk Seri Najib Razak for saying he wants to slap the former prime minister over the alleged mismanagement of Felda during the Barisan Nasional administration.

“To Datuk Seri Najib, I apologise with an open heart for using vulgar language because I was very angry.

“But, if we make a big mistake, we must swallow our pride and admit our shortcomings, just like what I’m doing this morning.

"Yes, I admit my mistakes when I was possessed by a demon and went berserk,” he said in a posting on Instagram on Monday (Jan 21).

Chef Wan said that he does not want to be an ungrateful person for not appreciating Najib’s contributions to Malaysia under the latter’s leadership.

At the same time, Chef Wan also called on Najib’s supporters to stop fanning flames over his controversial statement.

“You can all fly your kites lah and say whatever you want to say about me as I don’t care.

“I made a mistake saying what I said yesterday and now I have apologised and that’s it!” the flamboyant chef said.

“I shall continue to fight for what is right,” he added.

On Sunday (Jan 20), Chef Wan, while campaigning for Pakatan Harapan in the Cameron Highlands polls, appeared to be irked when he was asked by a reporter to comment on Najib’s remarks, who described his administration as a “golden age” for Felda settlers, as they had received bonuses and high salaries.

“You put (Tan Sri) Mohd Isa Samad up there knowing that he is so corrupted. If I had him here, I would slap him (Isa).

“I tampar muka Najib tu, Kurang ajar! (I would slap Najib’s face, how disrespectful),” he added.

Chef Wan’s remark appeared to have courted flak from Malaysians, after the Facebook account of Go Shop, of which he was an ambassador, was attacked by social media users.


Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2019/01/21/to-najib-im-sorry-says-chef-wan/#c5C89GGvvcj3Brwj.99

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED