Translate

31 December 2016

Singer Nassier Wahab will entertain at KL’s Hard Rock Cafe on Jan 1



30 years and counting

By TAHIR ALHAMZAH - 30 December 2016 @ 2:01 PM New Straits Times
Singer Nassier Wahab will entertain at KL’s Hard Rock Cafe on Jan 1, writes Tahir Alhamzah
For me, singer Nassier Wahab has always been a mainstay of the local music scene.
Also impressive is the fact that he still looks pretty much the same from three decades ago. Not bad at all for the 54-year-old seasoned artiste.

“I don’t have an answer to how I maintain my looks I think it’s partly due to my happy-go-lucky approach in life. I don’t let problems overwhelm me.

“Whenever I encounter one, I always tell myself that there are many out there who are worse off. I think not letting any of it get the better of us just helps to make us feel more relaxed in getting through each day. And being calm and relaxed does help to slow down ageing, I suppose,” says Nassier, who will be staging a show to celebrate his 30th year as a recording artiste.
The long-standing singer has kept himself busy over the years with singing engagements either at public performances or private functions.

SPECIALLY FOR FANS
However, according to Nassier, who released his debut album Cinta Dan Perasaan in 1985, this one-hour show will be among his few performances that are open to all.

“People have approached me for such shows but nothing ever materialised. That’s why when Melody United initially contacted me, I didn’t give it much thought. Only when they kept asking, I realised this time would be different. I’m thankful that come New Year’s day, I’ll finally have my very own showcase,” says Nassier.

He adds: “This will be the perfect time for my friends and fans to gather. There are some from Singapore who told me that they’d be here for the performance. Some of my friends who will be in Kuching, Sarawak for the New Year’s eve celebration have told me that they’d catch an early morning flight back to KL just to attend my show.”
“The afternoon showcase is also a good time for those who want to bring along their family members. Unlike evening shows, it’ll be a casual afternoon for everyone to unwind and watch me do my thing,” says the singer.
FANS YOUNG AND FAR
The showcase will be divided into three segments: One featuring his popular songs, another with songs created by renowned composer Datuk Dr Ahmad Nawab and the third, showcasing songs he performed during the second season of reality show Gegar Vaganza, which he participated in last year.
“I must say that it was indeed one of the sweetest moments in my singing career when I joined Gegar Vaganza,” says Nassier, who finished third runner-up.

He explains that it was a good platform to challenge himself and to keep his career fresh.
“From the show, I now have fans as young as 6. It’s kind of cute when these young children say they know who Nassier Wahab is. And they don’t even call me ‘uncle’,” laughs Nassier.

The singer has just returned from a 10-day umrah. Throughout his spiritual journey in the holy lands of Medina and Mecca, many pilgrims from Malaysia recognised and approached him.

“I’m thankful to Him for blessing me with such a good life. And

I hope I’ll be able to continue to help friends who may need assistance.

I find the more I share with friends and family, the more blessed
I feel.”

Also in the pipeline in January is his plan to record a new album in Bandung, Indonesia, with Indonesian composers Richard and Ryan Kyoto, whom he has been working with since 2007.

Nassier Wahab Celebrating 30 Years will be opened by Melody United’s singers Kris Patt and Alfi Alwi, with backing by the Patriot Band and percussionist Calvin Clarke.

Nassier Wahab Celebrating 30 Years
When: Jan 1, 3pm
Where: Hard Rock Cafe Kuala Lumpur, Ground Floor, Wisma Concorde, Jalan Sultan Ismail, KL
Admission: RM65-RM300


Call: 019-361 1535 or visit www.AirAsiaRedtix.com

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED