MUSIC PLAYER AT BOTTOM

OUR MUSIC PLAYER IS AT THE BOTTOM IN PINK. TO VIEW THE SONG LIST - CLICK ON MENU ICON AT THE BOTTOM RIGHT ... THE MUSIC PLAYER IS NOT AVAILABLE ON MOBILE PHONE OR TABLET

TO GET UPDATES IN YOUR E-MAIL PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS

Friday, 9 December 2016

Police have arrested two more men involved in the whipping of a man who insulted a Dato who was shot by his Bodygurard


Two more arrested over Penang assault incident






GEORGE TOWN: Police have arrested two more men to assist investigation into an incident here on Dec 2 where a group of people beat up and badly injured a man for having allegedly insulted businessman Datuk Ong Teik Kwang who was shot dead here a day earlier.

Penang Police Chief Datuk Abdul Ghafar Rajab said the two men, aged 31 and 35, were arrested separately on Wednesday.

"Their remand ends today but the police will seek a court order tomorrow to extend it.

"Police are also looking for several more men who are believed to have been involved in the incident, and will prepare the investigation papers as soon as possible," he told reporters.



ADVERTISEMENT

Abdul Ghafar had earlier witnessed the handing over of duties of Penang Special Branch Chief by Datuk Yong Lei Choo to his successor SAC Abdul Wahid Abdul Ghafar.

Abdul Wahid, 59, was Penang Special Branch Deputy Chief (1).

Yong, 55, has been promoted as Principal Assistant Director of Management (Personnel Records) in the Services/Personnel Division of the Management Department at Bukit Aman.

In the incident at about 5pm on Dec 2, a 47-year-old man was beaten up at the Khoo Kongsi Cemetery at Thean Teik Highway in Air Itam. He suffered bruises, swelling and wounds in the right eye, cheeks, nose, back and both hands.

Following the incident, police arrested a 30-year-old man to assist in investigations. He was released on police bail on Wednesday.

On the shooting of Ong, also known as Datuk M (M for "Muda" or young), Abdul Ghafar said police had recorded 23 statements from witnesses, victims and family members of those killed, and would call several more people to assist in the probe.

He said the police would complete the investigation papers soon and hand them over to the Public Prosecutor's Office to charge a 37-year-old bodyguard whose remand has been extended by seven days from Thursday.

"The ballistics tests conducted by the police on Wednesday at the Tun Dr Lim Chong Eu Expressway have been sent to the Forensics Division at Bukit Aman for analysis. It may take some time to get the test results," he said.

Ong and two other men were killed at 7.15pm on Dec 1 on the Tun Dr Lim Chong Eu Expressway after one of his bodyguards, who is believed to have mental problems, opened fire. - Bernama

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT TO WIN A PRIZE EVERY FORTNIGHT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TWITTER POSTS

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Popular Posts - All Time

STORY SOURCE

The best stories & news from The Star Online, NST, Malaysian Digest, Asiaone, Beautifulnara, Rotikaya, Ohbulan, TheMalayMailOnline, Siakap Keli, Malaysian Insider, Free Malaysia Today and Yahoo are shared in this BLOG bestfbkl.blogspot.com

This Blog claims no credit for any images or stories on this site unless otherwise posted.

Post and Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners.

If there is a post or image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it to appear on this site, please email with a link to the said image, it will be promptly removed.

Google+ Followers