Translate

08 August 2015

PM Najib Razak slams Umno divisions criticising him

Najib slams Umno divisions criticising him


     
    KUALA LUMPUR: Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak has hit out at Umno division heads who have criticised him over the political fund issue, saying that as party president, his actions are in the interests of the party.
    "Whatever I do as Umno president, even if I receive funds, it is all for the party.
    "I have been helping divisions, including providing them with monthly allocations to run their offices.
    "Umno, under my tenure, has conducted many corporate social responsibility (CSR) activities, sent people to perform the Haj and repaired dilapidated houses.
    "What is happening is that they keep quiet when they get the money but when I'm being attacked, everyone keeps quiet," he said when opening the Bandar Tun Razak Umno meeting here on Saturday.
    ‎Najib said he was not an autocratic leader and need not be surrounded by "yes men", adding that he appreciated differences of opinion as it would provide different prospective to a situation or issue.
    "We can exchange ideas and even argue in meetings but when the leadership has decided, we must stand behind the party. We must show a united front," he added.

    Popular Posts - Last 7 days

    Popular Posts - Last 30 days

    Blog Archive

    LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED