Translate

08 July 2014

I wear hijab to reboot life, says Neelofa

I wear hijab to reboot life, says Neelofa

KUALA LUMPUR: “My decision to wear the hijab has nothing to do with any man,” said local actress and popular TV host Noor Neelofa Mohd Noor in an interview with the New Straits Times today.
“This is about me rebooting my life, and not about searching for a new love or grieving about lost love. This is between me and the Almighty.”
The actress recently revealed her new look of donning the hijab, which was inspired by her sudden feeling of emptiness that developed more than a year ago.

“I have a career, loving family and friends, but I felt something was missing. It urged me to seek answers from God.
“I searched for guidance and worked hard on it. Thankfully, once I found it, it inspired me to become the person I am today.”

Previously, some of Neelofa’s friends had urged her to wear the hijab, but she needed to follow her own heart and pace.
Initially, she admitted that she was apprehensive about revealing her new look to her family and friends, let alone the public.
After her revelation, she was thrilled to receive numerous support from her friends and colleagues.
Her new look and identity also had sparked lots of interest from her fans and gained her an additional 70,000 new followers on her Instagram account.
“I just hope to be a good role model to the young generation and inspire them by sharing about my humble experience,” she added.

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED