Translate

24 April 2015

Asia's Got Talent 1st Semi Final - Filipino Singer Gwyneth Dorado and Japanese dance group Triqstar is moving on to the finals #Asia'sGotTalent

10-year-old Pinay makes it to 'Asia's Got Talent' finals

MANILA - Gwyneth Dorado, a 10-year-old Filipino singer, is moving on to the finals of "Asia's Got Talent" after getting the most number of public votes among the competition's first batch of semi-finalists, the show announced Thursday.
Dorado, along with Japanese dance group Triqstar Japan, will join acrobatic duo Gao Lin and Liu Xin, who went straight to the finals after receiving the "golden buzzer" for their performance last week.



"To all those who have tirelessly supported me especially those who have voted me, thank you so much for believing in my talent. I am very grateful for your help!" wrote Dorado on Facebook shortly after the announcement.

"Philippines, Asia, World! This is it! Your votes and confidence in me have brought me to the finals. I will always give my best for all of you. Thank you very much! Maraming maraming salamat po. I love you all! Mahal ko po kayo!" she added.
Last week, Dorado took to the stage at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore a rendition of Jessie J's "Nobody's Perfect."
The cover impressed judge Vanness Wu, best known in the Philippines as one-fourth of the Taiwanese boy band F4, and Indonesian rock icon Anggun.


"You have such confidence in your voice and I think you did a great job," Angguin said.
Foster, however, did not agree with the two. The Grammy-winning composer, who used to mentor Filipino singing sensation Charice, said he was "bothered" by Dorado's pitch.

"Maybe you were nervous, maybe you couldn't hear properly. You jumping from a little piece of a guitar to a band is not exactly what I would have hoped for from you, at this point in your career. Having said that, we're going to hear a lot more from you for sure," he said.

For her part, former Spice Girls member Melanie C added: "Gwyneth, I'm a big, big fan of yours and I know you're a big, big star in the future."

"I love Jessie J -- I bet you love Jessie J -- and I guess she would have loved that, too. You are fearless, and that's what you have to be as a performer -- fearless -- so you keep going," she concluded.



Dorada and Triqstar Japan beat out Filipino dance group Velasco Brothers, Gonzo, Nitish Bharti, The Brothers, and Oscar Chu, all of which were eliminated from the competition.


Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED