Translate

24 November 2023

'TMJ will be appointed Acting Sultan' - Sultan Ibrahim Iskandar

 'TMJ will be appointed Acting Sultan' - Sultan Ibrahim Iskandar







JOHOR BAHRU: The Tunku of the Crown of Johor, Tunku Ismail Ibrahim, will be appointed as Acting Sultan during the period of the Sultan of Johor, Sultan Ibrahim Iskandar, carrying out his responsibilities as the 17th Yang di-Pertuan Agong.


Sultan Ibrahim said, according to the Constitution, during the tenure of the Yang di-Pertuan Agong, His Majesty must hand over the reins of state government to the Tunku Mahkota Johor.


Therefore, His Majesty entrusted the state government to give guidance to the Tunku Mahkota Johor.


"The same way I was guided as Acting Sultan when my late father became Yang di-Pertuan Agong, in 1984.


"The Acting Sultan will bear the responsibility of looking after the state and the people of Johor, as well as exercising all the rights and powers of the state government except as the Head of the Islamic Religion.


"Despite residing in the Istana Negara, this does not mean that I will migrate directly to Kuala Lumpur. I will always return to Johor because this is my village. I hope the people of Johor do not forget me and do not pretend to not know me after this," he said on his official Facebook account. , today.


Sultan Ibrahim's speech was in conjunction with the Ceremony to Celebrate His Majesty's 65th Birthday at the Grand Palace of Johor Bahru, today.


In the meantime, Sultan Ibrahim also reminded government officials not to interfere in political affairs in government administration.


"Every decision made should be based on the interests of the people and the government, not due to political interests.


"Perform your duties and responsibilities with honesty and trust. You all already understand my way and don't waste time and don't argue too much.


"I will also leave one eye and ear in Johor to monitor what is happening here. Don't be surprised if I suddenly appear in any district," he said.

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED