WEDDING & EVENTS VENUE -GARDEN PALACE @ D'SAJI TITIWANGSA

HITZ FM LIVE

Saturday, 30 July 2016

Philippines President Duterte Visits the wake of KIA CAFGU-CAA Panggong Komanod who was killed in an ambush by the New People's Army July 29/2016





Duterte visits wake of slain CAFGU man as kin call for justice
CAFGU member Panggong Kamonad was killed in an ambush by the New People's Army last Wednesday, July 27





Rappler.com
AMBUSH. Members of the government militia were ambushed by the New People's Army on Wednesday, July 27. Photo courtesy of 101D



DAVAO CITY, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte on Friday, July 29, visited the wake of the government militia member killed in an ambush in Davao del Norte earlier this week, as his relatives cried for justice.

Citizen Armed Force Geographical Units (CAFGU) member Panggong Kamonad was killed in an ambush by the New People's Army (NPA) last Wednesday, July 27.

His wife, Makiling Komanad, and son Binoy called for justice for Kamonad's death.

The President visited the wake at the headquarters of the 60th Infantry Battalion in Barangay Doña Andrea, Asuncion, Davao del Norte.

Kamonad was killed while two others were wounded when NPA members staged an ambush around 6:45 am on July 27, in Sitio Kamonuan, Barangay Gupitan, Kapalong, Davao del Norte.

The military claimed that militia members from the 72nd Infantry Battalion were on their way back to their camp at Sitio Patil, Barangay Gupitan, in compliance with the unilateral ceasefire earlier declared by the President during his State of the Nation Address last July 25.

1003rd Infantry Brigade commander Colonel Ricardo Nepomuceno said in a statement that the ambush of their troops who were pulling out from the operational area in compliance with the unilateral ceasefire was deplorable.

He added that they will continue to observe the suspension of offensive operations against the NPA and coordinate with the Philippine National Police for the conduct of law enforcement operations.

Major General Rafael Valencia, 10ID commander, condemned the attack.

He added, “We shall continue to abide with the ceasefire, while we continue to secure the communities, vital installations and ongoing government flagship projects against any possible attack of the [armed lawless groups].”

Earlier, the NPA blamed the military, claiming it was only defending itself from the government troops who were allegedly ignoring Duterte's ceasefire declaration. – Editha Caduaya/Rappler.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TWITTER POSTS

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - All Time

STORY SOURCE

The best stories & news from The Star Online, New Straits Times, Malaysian Digest, Asiaone, Beautifulnara, Rotikaya, Ohbulan, TheMalayMailOnline, Siakap Keli, Malaysian Insider, Free Malaysia Today, Malaysian Gazette, Berita Harian Online, Kosmo, Sinar Harian and Yahoo are shared in this blog bestfbkl.blogspot.com to keep the blog community better informed.

This Blog claims no credit for any images or stories on this site unless otherwise posted.

Post and Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners.

If there is a post or image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it to appear on this site, please email with a link to the said image, it will be promptly removed.

MALAYSIA STATISTICS 2018

MALAYSIA STATISTICS 2018