Translate

13 February 2022

The victim of an alleged sexual harassment case involving Sedili State Assemblyman Rasman Ithnain came forward to make a sworn confession




Sedili assemblyman's alleged sexual harassment case, victim makes sworn confession
February 13, 2022

Nur Syafiqah shows a police report after a press conference at his residence in Taman Guru here on Saturday. 

HIGH CITY: The victim of an alleged sexual harassment involving Sedili State Assemblyman Rasman Ithnain came forward to make a sworn confession to further corroborate her previous allegations.

The victim, Nur Syafiqah Badsulhisham, 27, said the matter was to be revealed because she and her family were often  accused of fabricating the issue

"Wallahi Wabillahi Watallahi, I Nur Syafiqah binti Badsulhisham confessed that I was molested by Si Rasman bin Ithnain as in the police report I have done. 

"If I lie, the curse of ALLAH SWT will be brought against me," he said at a press conference at his residence in Guru Park here, on Saturday.

Earlier, on January 18 the media reported that Kota Tinggi District Police Chief Superintendan Hussin Zamora confirmed there had been a report made by a woman claiming to have been sexual harassment by the Sedili assemblyman.

Through the report, the victim also claimed to have been sexually harassed four times while attending the programmes attended by the assemblyman.

In the same session, Nur Syafiqah, who is also a member of the Srikandi Committee (AJK) of  Bersatu Kota Tinggi Division, also resigned and declared exiting the party immediately.

Commenting on the issue, Nur Syafiqah said she was disturbed by the incident as she had to face the public and accusations that she was lying

"Some people ask me why I reported this matter after four times, I must have liked it/  I was scared at first and I want to take care of the name of my family and the name of the party.

"After that, I also started to get scared because I realised it was going to go on if I didn't do something," she said.

In the meantime, the mother of the child will also hire a lawyer to bring the issue to the prosecution to prove the truth.

Meanwhile, Johor Police Chief Datuk Kamarul Zaman Mamat when contacted here on Saturday confirmed that the investigation into the case is ongoing.

"The case is ongoing and is under investigation, we have yet to receive any decision," he said.


Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED