Translate

07 March 2015

Villager kills huge 5.5m python in Sibu

Slithery encounter: Villagers looking at the dead python in Sibu.
Slithery encounter: Villagers looking at the dead python in Sibu.
 
SIBU: A villager stepped on “something slippery and hard” and discovered it was a 5.5m-long python.
“In a split second, I swung my parang. It was an act of self-defence,” said the man, identified only as Anong.
Anong and several other villagers of Kampung Pergau in Matu district, about three hours’ drive from here, were collecting firewood in a jungle near their home at about 1pm on Thursday when the encounter took place.
“I panicked when I stepped on it. Until now, I still cannot believe that I killed it before it could attack me,” he said, his voice trembling.
Apparently, the python weighed about 85kg.
The villagers were stunned to see the size of the reptile.

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED