Translate

23 November 2018

Ngeh tops the charts as the Pakatan Harapan member of parliament with the most valuable assets....


Ngeh: My assets are worth RM82mil, not RM75mil

Muhammad Apendy Issahak
New Straits Times23 November 2018



IPOH: Beruas member of parliament Datuk Ngeh Koo Ham has clarified that his personal assets are valued at RM82 million and not RM75 million as revealed by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC).

He, however, played down notions that he was the richest parliamentarian in the country.

"I am not the richest member of parliament in Malaysia. I am sure there are those who are richer but have not declared their assets," said Ngeh, who is also Perak state legislative assembly speaker, today.

Ngeh said his declaration of assets was proof of his commitment to transparency, and that he built his personal wealth during his career as a lawyer and from investments.

He also claimed that all BN MPs, as well as some Pakatan Harapan MPs, have yet to declare their assets.

"Once they do declare, you'll know that many of them have hundreds of millions or even billions of ringgit.

"So, my amount is nothing compared to theirs. However, I am not an ungrateful person and I'm grateful to God for what I have," he said when asked about the value of his personal assets, which was made public on MACC's asset declaration website.

Ngeh reiterated that that his assets were valued at RM82 million and not RM75 million as stated on the website.

"My assets are worth RM80 million and the remaining RM2 million worth of assets are in the names of my wife and children," he said, adding that he expects his networth to increase in the future.

"There are two assets that have yet to be assessed, including shares in my legal firm, which I have handed to my business partner, as well as insurance policies."

Ngeh made it clear that it was not his intention to show off his wealth but to be grateful for what he has achieved.

"I have been a lawyer for 32 years and for the past 20 years, I was working not only for money. After earning my first RM2 million, I gave back to the society.

"My investments also yielded big returns... (Nonetheless) I still get my RM6 haircut and at most, I spend RM15 haircut at a salon," he said.

Ngeh insisted that he was never involved in corruption during his tenure as a lawyer and as a politician.

It was reported yesterday that Ngeh topped the charts as the Pakatan Harapan member of parliament with the most valuable assets.

The Perak DAP adviser's networth is more than double than that of Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad and his spouse, Tun Dr Siti Hasmah Mohd Ali, who come in second with RM32 million.

Third on the list is Entrepreneur Development Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Redzuan Yusof and his spouse, who have accumulated assets worth RM23 million. © New Straits Times Press (M) Bhd

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED