Translate

30 September 2018

MIC VP Sothinathan says he is no longer with MIC as he is seen with Anwar in PD

Image result for sothinathan anwar
Sothinathan says he is no longer with MIC

Nur Aqidah Azizi, TUTY HARYANTI AHMAD RODZI
New Straits Times30 September 2018



PORT DICKSON: The presence of former MIC vice-president, Datuk S Sothinathan at Pakatan Harapan (PH) campaign event this morning has raised question on his role in the coalition party.

Sothinathan was seen accompanying PH’s candidate for the Port Dickson parliamentary by-election, Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, during his walkabout programme at Pasar Besar Port Dickson here.

When asked, Sothinathan admitted that he resigned from MIC two months ago.

“I sent my resignation letter in July to MIC. The reason was I didn’t see my relevance in the party anymore.

“I tried my best to help unite the party but I saw that it failed to address various important issues and it’s very frustrating,” he said.

Sothinathan said he has no plans to join any political party at the moment and decided to campaign for Anwar as he hoped that the latter would help to bring development for Port Dickson.

“Port Dickson has so much potential but the opportunities to develop it has been wasted. “For now, my focus is to help Anwar....we will see what happens after that,” the former Port Dickson member of parliament from 2000 to 2008 said. © New Straits Times Press

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED