Translate

07 August 2018

Azmin Ali confirmed he did not meet Officials From Singapore's Transport Ministry BUT with A Singaporean Official





Azmin did not have HSR meeting in Singapore, contrary to what he said earlier


Tuesday, 7 Aug 20186:52 PM MYT
by loshana k shagar





KUALA LUMPUR: Datuk Seri Azmin Ali has confirmed that he did not meet officials from Singapore’s transport ministry over the weekend.

“They (Singapore media) are right. When I spoke to you yesterday, did I say I was meeting with MOT officials?” he told reporters at the Parliament lobby on Tuesday (Aug 7).


The Economic Affairs Minister added that he did have a meeting in Singapore over the weekend, but when asked who it was with, he simply said “a Singaporean”.

Singapore news outlet Today Online quoted a spokesperson from its transport ministry as saying that no meeting took place, or was scheduled, between Azmin and the officials overseeing the controversial High Speed Rail (HSR) project between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore.


Asked when he will have a formal meeting with Singapore over the HSR project, Azmin said a date has already been fixed and he will be in touch with his Singaporean counterparts soon.

“The date has been fixed and I will be in Singapore soon.

“I will present our case as mandated by the Cabinet, it’s only fair for them to have the opportunity to hear me out in an official meeting.

“All options will be discussed, what’s important is that the whole process is fair and transparent,” he said.

On the PKR polls, Azmin, who is defending his deputy presidency, shrugged when asked about the matter.

“I have been in the party for the past 20 years, why are you suddenly expecting me to go down?

“I have been so loyal to the cause, to the struggle.

"Members have seen me in action. I have worked for the party so I leave it to them to decide,” he said.

On his opponent, Rafizi Ramli, Azmin said he was a fellow party member and each member had the right to offer services to the party.


Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2018/08/07/azmin-did-not-have-hsr-meeting-in-singapore-contrary-to-what-he-said-earlier/#0uMXDmgmKKwaYrEz.99

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED