MUSIC PLAYER AT BOTTOM

OVER 130 TOP HITS AVAILABLE ON OUR MUSIC PLAYER AT THE BOTTOM. TO VIEW THE LIST - CLICK ON MENU ICON AT THE BOTTOM RIGHT ... PLAYER NOT AVAILABLE FOR MOBILE PHONE / TABLET USERS

TO GET UPDATES IN YOUR E-MAIL PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS

CHALLENGE ISKANDAR PUTERI

CHALLENGE ISKANDAR PUTERI
WE ARE TRIATHLON

Friday, 30 June 2017

PM-1MDB Foundation Special Haj programme has benefited 5,711 people nationwide at over RM56 million


1MDB Haj programme benefited 5,711 people since 2011

Bernama
New Straits TimesJune 29, 2017


Image result for 1mdb haj programme


KUALA NERUS: The Prime Minister-1Malaysia Development Bhd (PM-1MDB) Foundation Special Haj programme has benefited 5,711 people nationwide, which involved an allocation of more than RM56 million since 2011.

The programme committee chairman, Datuk Jailani Ngah, said the amount did not include subsidies provided by the government and Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak had always been committed to continuing the programme even though it involved huge amount of money and constantly being criticised by various parties.

He said the total cost of haj this year was set at RM9,980 and a subsidy of RM9,570 was allocated to each pilgrim.

“This year, 1,100 recipients have been offered to join this programme and among the candidates are the imam, village development and security committee (JKKK) chairmen, personnel from pondok religious foundation, tahfiz (religious) teachers ... there are also media practitioners and tok batin (Orang Asli chiefs),” he said.

He was speaking to reporters after the presentation of the programme’s offer letters by Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Ahmad Razif Abd Rahman here today.

Based on the records, he said, a total of 111 people were selected for the programme in 2011 while in 2012 (400 people); 2013 (776); 2014 (984); 2015 (1,181) and 1,090 people last year.

At today’s event, 87 recipients received their offer letters and were expected to depart via flights from Aug 9 - 11 to Madinah before proceeding to Makkah.

Four media practitioners also received offer letters today and they expressed their gratitude for the opportunity to perform haj under the programme.

One of them was Malaysian National News Agency (Bernama) stringer Tuan Azam Tuan Johan, 65, who said that if he waited for his turn set by the Tabung Haji, he would have to wait for another 10 years before he could perform the haj.

“I am extremely grateful to receive the offer. After my retirement, I am not only working as a stringer but I am also Kampung Seberang Tuan Chik JKKK chairman here and I will use this opportunity not just for worship but also to assist the management if needed,” he said.

Other media practitioners were Ruslan Abdul Rahman (State Communications Unit deputy director (Operations)), Mohd Yassin Embong (New Straits Times/ marketing) and Khalid Abdullah (RTM). – Bernama

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT TO WIN A PRIZE EVERY FORTNIGHT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TWITTER POSTS

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Popular Posts - All Time

STORY SOURCE

The best stories & news from The Star Online, NST, Malaysian Digest, Asiaone, Beautifulnara, Rotikaya, Ohbulan, TheMalayMailOnline, Siakap Keli, Malaysian Insider, Free Malaysia Today and Yahoo are shared in this BLOG bestfbkl.blogspot.com

This Blog claims no credit for any images or stories on this site unless otherwise posted.

Post and Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners.

If there is a post or image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it to appear on this site, please email with a link to the said image, it will be promptly removed.

Google+ Followers