Translate

30 June 2016

'He asked my 10 year old boy to send him a picture of his private parts'


NEW STRAITS TIMES
NILAI: If it wasn’t for a faulty phone camera, a paedophile would most likely have landed his hands on nude images of a 10-year-old boy.
This was disclosed by the boy’s mother, who learnt that her son had been in contact with the man via the Facebook Messenger application.
The boy’s mother, Nurulainey Ab Halim, 29, had via a Facebook post, related the incident involving her son.
She said her son had approached her and asked her on how to use the handphone camera, which had been faulty for some time.
“When I asked him what he wanted to use it for, he told me about the conversation he had with the man on Facebook.”
The man had asked the boy to snap a photo of his private parts. The man had also promised to give the boy a Sony PSP in return for the favour.
The boy, unaware of what was going on, had agreed to the request. However, the phone’s camera failed to function.
“I was shocked at seeing the man’s obscene request in the conversation with my boy. My son was too naive to know what was going on; I’m just thankful that the phone’s camera failed to work,” she said.
She said that based on the conversation, the man had likened himself to a ‘brother’ in order to gain the boy’s trust.
Nurulainey said she tried to contact the man through the Facebook call application, but to no avail.
“I then sent him messages to warn him. He hasn’t replied yet. I guess he was surprised that he was caught red-handed this time,” she said.
A copy of the conversation between the suspect and the victim was uploaded on Facebook and became viral in an instant.
“I purposely shared that on my Facebook page to warn all parents out there to be more careful with their kids’ activities on social networking sites. I hope this will be a lesson to all of us,” she said.


































B

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED