Translate

23 March 2014

MALAYSIA AIRLINES MH370 WOMAN SEEN WORLDWIDE WAILING BEFORE PRESS CONFERENCE DENIES MISTREATMENT

Missing MH370: Woman seen wailing at press conference denies mistreatment

   
PETALING JAYA: A mother of a Chinese passenger on the missing MH370 plane has denied that the Malaysian police mistreated her when she sought to get answers about her son at a press conference.   
Liu Guiqui, the mother of Li Le told CCTV in an interview that she did not understand what was going on at first.  
Liu also said that she believed that the Malaysian government was under pressure to search for the plane.
“I understand that they are busy searching for the plane. So it makes some sense, that they can’t pay as much attention to the families.
When asked about whether the Malaysian government was hiding anything, Liu said she just wanted her son to return.
“It could very well be some kind of military secret. But I don’t even want to know. I just want my son to return with all the other passengers on the plane. I don’t care about the secrets. I just want my son to return,” she said.
Describing the earlier incident when she was seen wailing hysterically Liu denied being mistreated.
“That’s not true. I was surrounded by reporters. There was a young policeman whom I initially thought was about to grab me.
“At first I didn’t understand what was going on. But then someone told me not to panic. They reassured me that they were there to protect me,” she said.  
Live footage of Liu being carried away by security personnel while wailing was broadcast around the world.
Many of the reports including those by CNN and Sky News implied that the Malaysian authorities mistreated her.    


When asked why she went for the press conference, Liu said she needed to ask the Malaysian politicians what happened to her son. 
“How is it that we have no information? At that stage, the plane had been missing for 12 days. I can’t understand why there hasn’t been any news.
“There has been no news about my son. None at all. I’m going to go crazy,” she said.
When asked why she came to KL instead of staying in Beijing, she said that she wanted to be the first to greet her son when he returned.
“My son is such a kind-hearted, good person. In my heart, he is so loyal and so kind. He treats everyone with respect,” he said.
Liu said her son has a daughter but they could not tell her what has happened.
“We have a rule that no one in the family is allowed to cry or mention this issue in front of her.
She wouldn’t be able to cope with this news about her father. She really loves her father. She cried for him every night,” she said. 
“My son is definitely going to be alright,” she added.

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED