Translate

29 November 2019

A press conference held by Parti Warisan Sabah at the Parliament lobby got a little heated when Tourism Minister started arguing with the media



Minister argues with media during Warisan press conference
Thursday, 28 Nov 20196:52 PM MYT



KUALA LUMPUR: A press conference held by Parti Warisan Sabah at the Parliament lobby got a little heated when Tourism, Arts and Culture Minister Datuk Mohamaddin Ketapi was involved in a brief argument with the media.

The incident happened when Sabah Chief Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Shafie Apdal, who was flanked by several Warisan MPs, held a press conference on Thursday (Nov 28).


Mohd Shafie was giving his comments on the Court of Appeal declining Tan Sri Musa Aman's appeal against the dismissal of his suit challenging Mohd Shafie's appointment as Sabah Chief Minister.

Before Mohd Shafie could take any questions, a reporter asked Mohamaddin if he had lashed out at several photographers, using words such as "idiot" and "rubbish".


"When did I say that, 'rubbish' and 'idiot'... I didn't say that, you better listen properly. I didn't say that."

Another reporter interjected and asked Mohamaddin what he actually said.

"You prove it that I say that. Can you?" Mohamaddin, who was visibly upset, retorted.

Other Warisan leaders present were taken aback, prompting Mohd Shafie to defuse the situation by asking if the media had any questions for him.

Among those in the press conference were International Trade and Industry Minister Datuk Darell Leiking, Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Datuk Liew Vui Keong and several Warisan lawmakers.

It was learnt that Mohamaddin's press secretary later called up reporters and photographers concerned to apologise over the incident.

The incident between Mohamaddin and three photographers was said to have occurred just before the press conference.

The photographers were taking pictures of Mohamaddin as he was walking in the Parliament lobby, which somewhat agitated the Silam MP.

According to a photographer from an online news portal, Mohamaddin first told him to "get lost" when he started taking pictures.

"He sounded serious and it scared me... I told him I was just doing my job, but he refused to listen," he said, adding that Ketapi also uttered the word "rubbish" to the trio.

Shortly after, Mohamaddin spoke to reporters again, claiming that he never uttered the word "idiot" and "rubbish".

"I didn't say anything. I don't know what to answer if I didn't say anything."

Pressed further, Mohamaddin said he only asked the photographer why he chased him.

"I wanted to go to the washroom and he wanted to take pictures. So I said 'stop it, I think you better get lost'," he said.


Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2019/11/28/minister-argues-with-media-during-warisan-press-conference#UOLJABCmU58m4gMy.99

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED