Translate

18 August 2018

“We are a formidable team” - Anwar on his ties with Tun Mahathir. To All Who Been Saying Otherwise Watch The Video Then Shut Up!





KUALA LUMPUR: Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim says he does not want to be dragged into the battle for deputy presidency between Datuk Seri Azmin Ali and Rafizi Ramli, and has warned all PKR leaders not to resort to devious methods to win in the party polls.

“They must all observe ethics.


"There should be no vote-buying, intimidation, slander or anything that is contrary to the rules.

"The election committee will not hesitate to take action against any excesses.


“Azmin and Rafizi are my colleagues, and I believe not just them, but all contenders will conduct themselves well,” Anwar told a press conference after a meeting with national laureates and Bahasa Melayu experts at his personal office on Friday.

On allegations that he was using Rafizi as a tool for his own political gain, Anwar said the PKR vice-president was a public intellectual.

“He would not be that cheap to be induced by any personality,” Anwar said.

He also dismissed claims that he was impatient to be premier, and had a strained relationship with Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad.

“Desperate forces will always use such arguments. I was prime minister designate in 1998, I must have been very patient to wait 20 years,” he said.

Anwar said he gave Dr Mahathir his full confidence without encumbrance to lead the nation.

“I am not a lackey, I am a leader with the right to express issues, and I must confess that Tun was very amenable to the issues I raised.

“I have also told him that despite rumours, I will not allow for any attempts to disrupt our relationship.

“We have matured and have fought hard battles before we decided to be a formidable team,” he said.

Anwar reiterated that Dr Mahathir would continue to run the country while he focused on the affairs of Parliament.

“I told the PM, even after I join (as an MP), let me look at parliamentary reforms while you continue to manage state affairs,” he said.

Asked about the rumours that lawmakers were willing to offer their seats to him to contest, Anwar said he had been receiving visits from many MPs since he returned from Turkey, and that some had indeed made such an offer.

“I have discussed with Dr Mahathir; if anything, I will inform him first,” he said.


Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2018/08/17/not-being-dragged-into-azmin-rafizi-battle-says-anwar/#BaT36tVbOwqORksC.99

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED