Translate

22 November 2013

Chief Secretary to Government Cracksdown On Errant Civil Service Staff Involved In Irregularities Exposed by AG's Report

Crackdown on errant civil servants

Tan Sri Ali Hamsa , Chief Secretary To the Government
PUTRAJAYA: The country’s top civil servant has started acting against errant public sector staff suspected to be involved in irregularities as exposed in the Auditor-General’s Report 2012.
Chief Secretary to the Govern­ment Tan Sri Dr Ali Hamsa said seven officers were slapped with disciplinary action and 30 issued show-cause letters.
Chief secretary to government Tan Seri Dr Ali Hamsa showing the press report during the prees conference in Putrajaya
Transparent move: Dr Ali showing the report at the press conference in Putrajaya. 
Nine were not found to have done anything wrong, he said, adding that nine retired officers will also be called in to explain their involvement in the irregula­rities.
“In total, the report made 319 reprimands (against the civil ser­vice) including 81 at the federal level, 21 for statutory bodies and 217 at the state levels.
“Of these, 225 (70.5%) had involved improvements to regulations, procedures and processes all of which have been or are being looked into by the relevant agencies,” Dr Ali Hamsa told reporters after the Public Sector Forum 2013 titled “Future of Government: Charting the Way Forward for the Public Sector” here yesterday.
He said the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) had opened 15 papers to investigate 94 (29.5%) other reprimands made in the report which involved 104 cases of misappropriation, abuse of power, misconduct and negligence.
For cases that did not fall under the MACC’s purview, Dr Ali Hamsa said a multi-agency task force coordinated by the Public Service Department had set up 13 other investigation committees to investigate them.
Other agencies represented in the task force included the Attorney-General’s Chambers, the National Audit Department, the Treasury and police, he added.
He said ministry secretaries-general and state secretaries had been ordered to form internal committees to look into other cases, adding that Nov 30 had been set as the deadline to complete investigations.


The Star

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED

A visitor from Kuala lumpur viewed 'Thailand ready to negotiate with US after being im' 2 mins ago
A visitor from Kuala lumpur viewed 'Thailand ready to negotiate with US after being im' 12 mins ago
A visitor from Kuala lumpur viewed 'Thailand ready to negotiate with US after being im' 2 hrs 22 mins ago
A visitor from Shah alam viewed 'Thailand ready to negotiate with US after being im' 2 hrs 23 mins ago
A visitor from Batu caves viewed 'Thailand ready to negotiate with US after being im' 2 hrs 30 mins ago
A visitor from Kuala lumpur viewed 'Penjawat awam nyaris terkena tembakan, polis siasa' 2 hrs 44 mins ago
A visitor from Subang jaya viewed 'CIDB mohon maaf, tarik balik kenyataan | BEST FBKL' 2 hrs 46 mins ago
A visitor from Subang jaya viewed 'Penjawat awam nyaris terkena tembakan, polis siasa' 2 hrs 46 mins ago
A visitor from Oslo viewed 'FBM KLCI susut 0.5 peratus susulan jualan saham wa' 2 hrs 48 mins ago
A visitor from Batu caves viewed 'BEST FBKL' 2 hrs 48 mins ago