Translate

10 June 2018

KADIR Jasin has said today that he resigned as communications chief for the Council of Eminent Persons to prevent "confusion"

Kadir Jasin says his blog posts were written in his personal capacity as a blogger and not as a member of the Council of Eminent Persons. – YouTube pic, June 9, 2018.


KADIR Jasin has said today that he resigned as communications chief for the Council of Eminent Persons to prevent "confusion" among the public between his role in the council and his personal views.

Kadir stepped down earlier today in the wake of criticisms and a police investigation over his comments questioning expenses incurred by the royal family.

"This is solely my decision to avoid further confusion among the public regarding my role in the council and the views I expressed in my blog and weekly column in the Sinar Harian newspaper," Kadir wrote on his blog today.

"To avoid embarrassment to the council and any possible conflict of interest on my part, I offered my resignation and it was accepted by the chairman, Daim Zainuddin," he said.


Kadir said he had been writing in his "personal capacity as a blogger" and that the views expressed had "nothing to do whatsoever with whatever position" he might hold.

"I have been diligently stating in the preamble of my blog post that whatever views expressed therein were entirely mine.

"However, that did not stop journalists and others, quoting from the blog, from stating that I am the head of media and communications of the Council of Eminent Persons," he added.

Kadir thanked Prime Minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad and Daim for their "trust and confidence" in him.

"I will continue to serve our beloved country and its people in the best way that I know how, which is with the nib of my pen." – June 9, 2018.

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED