Translate

30 December 2017

Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad has apologised for past mistakes made during his tenure as prime minister (Full Video of Speeches))







Dr M apologises for past mistakes



SHAH ALAM: Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad has apologised for past mistakes made during his tenure as prime minister.

"Before I end my speech, I would like to apologise if I have offended anyone.

"Like other human beings, I'm not alone in saying or doing wrong. Not just today, but for as long as I've been in politics.

"I apologise for all my past mistakes," said the Part Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (Pribumi) chairman in his speech at the party's annual general assembly (AGM) on Saturday.


"I usually call them 'garbage' and I won't apologise. They are even worse than our enemies ... they have betrayed the struggle that we have fought for the people," he said.

On the subject of maintaining unity within Pribumi, the former premier said that there was no place for significantly differing opinions and views among party members.

"There will be no place for such people in Pribumi. They must realise that their actions will only help Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak win the 14th general election," he said.

Pribumi has been rocked in recent months by the exit of a number of leaders who have cited dissatisfaction with the party's leadership.

Among those who have left Pribumi are founding members Anina Saadudin and Kamarulzaman Habibur Rahman as well as former party vice-president Datuk Hamidah Osman.

On seat allocations for the general election, Dr Mahathir said that party members must accept the fact that they would not be able to contest in every area they wanted.

"In many areas, candidates come from different parties in Pakatan Harapan. That's why we must work hard to give victory to other Opposition parties.

"If we don't support Pakatan candidates in other areas, don't hope that our candidates will get support from the other parties in the Opposition," he said.





Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2017/12/30/mahathir-sorry-for-past-mistakes/#MWo4bxqDlMyOIFSM.99

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED