Translate

04 December 2014

Victim: He dropped his pants and I was fighting back


 
KOTA BARU: Armed robbery victim Nur Shafiqa Lah, 22, who was brutalised and almost raped by two criminals this week, accepts her fate that she has to live with a permanent scar on her face.
Recollecting her harrowing experience in her home at Kampung Wakaf Berangan, Pasir Puteh on Monday, Nur Shafiqa (pic before and after the incident) said she was very lucky that one of the suspects left the room after he was summoned by his accomplice who was outside the room.
“The man had dropped his pants. I was fighting back although he was armed with a knife.
“He continued punching my face and slashed me with the knife.
“I thought that it was the end for me until his accomplice called out his name. I locked the door after he left the room, and started yelling for help from the window.
“The robbers then panicked and left the house,” Nur Shafiqa told newsmen after Kelantan Puteri Umno members visited her yesterday.
In the 2pm incident, the two robbers who entered the house, yanked Nur Shafiqa out of the bathroom while her mother Hat Tema Mat Zain, 58, was held hostage in another room.
The suspects became aggressive after Nur Shafiqa refused to hand over her gold ring and cellphone.
She suffered cuts and bruises on her face and hands that needed to be stitched.
“There is no way to erase the pain, agony and trauma I suffered.
“I cannot forget the incident.
“It is the worst experience of my life, and I also worry about the cost of removing the scar on my face,” she said.
Kelantan police chief Deputy Comm Datuk Mazlan Lazim said the attack was the work of desperate drug addicts, and not an act of revenge as circulated in the social media.
“We have identified the assailants and they are mere thugs with the intention of robbing someone to finance their urges,” he said at a yesterday.
DCP Mazlan was commenting on online rumours that Nur Shafiqa was a victim of revenge.
Among the allegations in the social media was that Nur Shafiqa’s ex-boyfriend was behind the attack. She is reported to have broken off with him and became engaged to another man.
Yesterday, Puteri Umno chief Datuk Mas Ermieyati Samsudin contributed RM5,000 to the family on behalf of the Umno wing.

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED