Translate

04 December 2014

Lady Gaga has claimed she was raped as a 19-year-old.


Gaga: I was raped


Gaga: I was raped

Lady Gaga has claimed she was raped as a 19-year-old.
The Born This Way singer made the revelations during a chat with Howard Stern on his radio show. The topic came up after the host asked Gaga about her performance of Swine at the SXSW in March. During the song, "vomit painter" Millie Brown spewed neon green liquid all over the pop star.
“I wrote a song called Swine. The song is about rape. The song is about demoralisation,” she said as she explained the concept of the infamous routine. “The song is about rage and fury and passion, and I had a lot of pain that I wanted to release.”
Howard asked the 28-year-old if she was alluding to a situation that had actually occurred in her personal life. Gaga initially tried to move the conversation on, but eventually made the startling admission.
“I went through some horrific things that I'm able to laugh [at] now, because I've gone through a lot of mental and physical therapy and emotional therapy to heal over the years. My music's been wonderful for me,” she revealed. “But, you know, I was a shell of my former self at one point. I was not myself. To be fair, I was about 19.”
The Applause songstress added that shock stopped her from being affected by the incident in the initial aftermath. In fact, she believed it was at least four or five years before the ordeal really hit her.
“It hit me so hard. I was so traumatised by it that I was like, 'Just keep going.' Because I just had to get out of there,” she said. “[But] I don't want to be defined by it. I'll be damned if somebody's gonna say that every creatively intelligent thing that I ever did is all boiled down to one d**khead who did that to me," she said firmly. "I'm going to take responsibility for all my pain looking beautiful. All the things that I've made out of my strife, I did that."
© Cover Media

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED