Translate

13 June 2019

Azmin Ali denies he is the person in sex video, says it's a plot to destroy his political career






Azmin denies he is the person in sex video, says it's a plot to destroy his political career


Wednesday, 12 Jun 20195:31 PM MYT
PETALING JAYA: Datuk Seri Azmin Ali has broken his silence on allegations that he is one of two individuals pictured in a sex video that has gone viral.

"I categorically deny this vicious libel upon me.


"This is nothing but a nefarious plot to assassinate my reputation and character in an attempt to destroy my political career," he said in a press release on Wednesday (June 12).

This is his statement in full:


I refer to the various media reports today publishing the allegations of an individual regarding a sex video purporting to implicate me. I categorically deny this vicious libel upon me.

This is nothing but a nefarious plot to assassinate my reputation and character in an attempt to destroy my political career. Judging from recent political developments, this is clearly the latest in a series of concerted attempts over the past few months to vilify me, which includes intimidation against the safety of my family and me in the final week of Ramadan, and vile and baseless accusations of corruption.

I utterly condemn this brand of gutter politics. It has no place in this era of New Malaysia, where we are working to rebuild the nation through institutional reforms.

I have instructed my lawyers to take the appropriate legal action against the individual who made these abominable allegations as well as against other perpetrators. I will avail myself of all legal means at my disposal to expose these culprits.

I will not submit to these cowardly acts and heinous attempts to distract the public from the pressing concerns of the nation and the successes of the Economic Affairs Ministry in the planning and implementation of national development policies that are sustainable and inclusive.

I trust the police and the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission will take all necessary action with regards to this matter.

Datuk Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali
Economic Affairs Minister
June 12, 2019


Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2019/06/12/azmin-breaks-silence-condemns-allegations-over-sex-video/#T236jTyE3Mweq2zF.99


Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED