Tuesday, 30 July 2013

MyWatch President Sanjeevan Shot by Underworld? now at Serdang Hospital

UPDATE JULY 30, 2013

Chairman of the anti-crime watchdog, MyWatch R Sri Sanjeevan is being transferred to Serdang hospital in Selangor shortly today.

He, who was transferred to Tuanku Jaafar hospital here on Saturday midnight was reportedly in a worsened condition compared to yesterday.
Sanjeevan's father P Ramakrishnan, 64, said he was informed that Sanjeevan developed fever today and would be sent to Serdang hospital to remove the bullet in his right rib.
Arrangements are being made at press time for the transfer.
MyWatch advisor S. Gobi Krishnan said police have been deployed to ensure Sanjeevan's security at the Serdang hospital upon his arrival.
Meanwhile, Bernama reported that the inspector-general of police has appealed to the various quarters to cease speculation on the murder attempt on anti-crime watchdog MyWatch chairman R. Sri Sanjeevan who was shot in Bahau, Negeri Sembilan last Saturday.
Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar said the action of some non-governmental organisations and politicians who posted baseless accusations linking the police with the shooting incident, via the social network, would only worsen the situation.
"We are always monitoring such postings which cast aspersions on the police as being linked to the murder attempt.
"Do not accuse the police in this manner, and poison the minds of the public to hate the force.
"(On our part) We never protect our policemen. Let us complete our investigations and we will reveal our findings," he told a press conference at the federal police headquarters in Bukit Aman here today, after handing over 5,400 packages of 'kuih raya' to police officers and rank-and-file who will be on duty during the coming Aidilfitri celebrations.
It was reported earlier that MyWatch chairman R. Sri Sanjeevan who is hospitalised here after he was shot on Saturday is expected to be transferred to Serdang Hospital later today.
A Seremban Hospital spokesman said the surgery to remove the bullet in his right rib is expected to be carried out there.
Earlier, as speculation mounts over the attempted murder of MyWatch chairman R. Sri Sanjeevan, police yesterday pledged to conduct a thorough investigation into the case.
Having set up a task force, led by Federal Criminal Investigation Department director Datuk Hadi Ho Abdullah, to investigate the shooting, Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar said the police would also look into allegations of policemen having links with the underworld, as claimed by Sanjeevan.
Investigators from the Negri Sembilan police headquarters will assist Hadi.
From preliminary investigations, police believe the shooting was about revenge and did not rule out the involvement of the underworld.
Negri Sembilan police chief Datuk Osman Salleh said police had recorded the statement of a 35-year-old man seated next to Sanjeevan when the activist was shot by two unidentified assailants, at an intersection in Taman Cempaka, in Bahau, near here at 3.40pm on Saturday.
Without linking it to the shooting, Osman said the man whom Sanjeevan had just picked up from his home in his silver BMW for a drink, was wanted by police (since early this year) for a drug-related offence. He was arrested at 12.30am, when he came to the Bahau police station to lodge a report on the shooting.
Sanjeevan, 29, who was behind the wheel, was shot at close range when he stopped at the junction in Taman Cempaka. His assailants, who were on a red Yamaha LC motorcycle, rode up next to him before the pillion rider shot Sanjeevan, who had wound down his window for a smoke.
Osman said the bullet, which hit Sanjeevan's right elbow, penetrated the right arm and hit the rib. The other man in the car was unhurt in the incident.
The pillion rider then alighted from the motorcycle, but Sanjeevan, despite his injuries managed to speed off before pulling over some 300m away for the other man to take over.
Asked about the death threat Sanjeevan said he had received, as posted on his Twitter account some 12 hours before the incident, Osman said police did not receive any reports on it.
Sanjeevan had tweeted: "A @PDRMsia cop told some syndicate fellow that he'll get them firearm & told them to fire few shots at my house to scare me/family!"
He had also claimed that the gunmen were recruited to threaten his family and him for exposing a crime syndicate linked to police personnel.
Osman, however, confirmed that there was a report by Sanjeevan against three policemen whom he claimed had threatened him following a report he made on gambling at a premises in Jelebu, Negri Sembilan, in February.
Khalid promised that investigations would cover all aspects.
"I wish Sanjeevan a quick recovery to assist us in our investigations @PDRMsia," Khalid tweeted.
It was also reported in January that Sanjeevan had claimed that he received a death threat but brushed it off as he considered it to be part of the risk that came with his role as an anti-crime activist.
Sanjeevan had then claimed that someone called him from an unknown number, warning him to watch his back as he had "stepped on too many toes".
Osman called for a stop to speculation, saying that investigations were ongoing.
On Sanjeevan's condition, Osman said he was being treated at the intensive care unit of Tuanku Jaafar Hospital here and was reported to be stable.
"He is slated to undergo an operation to take out the bullet today (yesterday)," he said, adding that police personnel had been deployed keep watch over Sanjeevan.
Osman also urged witnesses to come forward to assist in investigations.

SEREMBAN, July 28 (Bernama) -- The attempted murder on the anti-crime watchdog MyWatch chairman in Bahau, Negeri Sembilan yesterday, may have been the work of the underworld bent on exacting revenge.

The police have not ruled this out as R. Sri Sanjeevan, 29, had previously, alerted the police on illegal gambling activities in the state, especially in Jelebu and Jempol.

As a result, he had received death threats and reported the matter to the federal police headquarters in Bukit Aman, among others.

State police chief Datuk Osman Salleh said the police were looking into several motives to facilitate investigations into the attempted murder on Sri Sanjeevan in Taman Chempaka about 4.30pm.

He said the police had also recorded a statement from Sri Sanjeevan's friend who was with him when a gunman and his accomplice made an attempt on the life of the MyWatch chairman.

In the incident, Sri Sanjeevan was driving his silver BMW, with the friend in tow, when he decided to wind down the driver's window for a puff at Taman Awana Indah.

At that juncture, two men on a red Yamaha LC motorcycle and wearing full-faced crash helmets, drew alongside the car before the pillion rider shot the victim in the right side of the abdomen at close range.

Osman said Sri Sanjeevan was warded at the Jempol Hospital before he was transferred to the Tuanku Ja'afar Hospital where his condition was described as critical but stable.

He said the victim would undergo surgery to remove the slug from his abdomen later today, adding that he was given round-the-clock police protection at the hospital.

Meanwhile, a special task force has been set up to investigate the attemtped murder. It is headed by Bukit Aman CID director Datuk Hadi Ho Abdullah. Former inspector-general of police Tan Sri Musa Hassan is the patron of MyWatch.

Meanwhile, Osman said Sri Sanjeevan's friend who was with him at the time of the shooting incident, was detained to facilitate investigations into a drug-related offence which he allegedly committed, about a year ago.



*MyWatch chairman R Sri Sanjeevan was planning to expose the links between illegal drug syndicates and the police, and this is why he was shot, claims PKR strategic director Rafizi Ramli
Rafizi, who is the Pandan MP, said that Sanjeevan had intended to make an internal police memo with a confidential listing of police personnel under investigation available to the public sometime time this week and sought his assistance in the matter.
"He mentioned that he had in his possession an internal police memo stamped confidential which listed police personnel under investigations for their links to the underworld drug syndicates.
"I was reluctant to get involved as the matter was pending investigations and I did not want to prematurely prejudice those under probe," he told reporters  at a press conference today.
He added that Sanjeevan kept impressing upon him the extensive involvement of some police personnel with the syndicates and the large amount of drugs related to the cases under probe.
He said Sanjeevan revealed the existence of the internal police memo to him at a buka puasa gathering held at Opposition leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim's house in Segambut on Friday night.
"He wanted to go public with the list this week and I believe he would have done so, irrespective if done with my assistance or not," he said, adding that his conversation with Sanjeevan lasted about 20 minutes.
Asked if he has seen the list and was fearful for his own safety, Rafizi said it was fortunate that he had not seen the list.
However, he believed that Sanjeevan would have made several copies of the list as a precautionary measure if anything untoward happened to him.
Meanwhile, Anwar urged the police to beef up security at the hospital where Sanjeevan was being treated owing to the high profile nature of the case.
He also said that the special team set up to investigate the case should not include any police personnel that may be remotely connected to those under internal probe.
Sanjeevan, 29, who was driving a silver BMW, with a friend in the passenger seat, had stopped at a traffic light at Taman Awana Indah in Bahau at 4.30pm on Saturday.
They were on their way to have a drink when two men on a red motorcycle approached them. The pillion rider fired at Sanjeevan, hitting him on the right side of his ribs.
The pillion rider got off the motorcycle but Sanjeevan managed to speed off. The suspects then escaped in the opposite direction, heading for Rompin.
After driving for about 300m, Sanjeevan's friend managed to stop the car, moved him to the rear seat and drove him to the Jempol Hospital where he underwent emergency surgery.
He was transferred to the Tuanku Ja'afar Hospital at 1.30am, where he is now under tight police security.
Incidentally, his friend was later arrested for a drug-related case after his statement was recorded at the Bahau police station.
Sanjeevan, who has been in the news for exposing corruption in the police force, has received death threats in the past.


  1. thanks and appreciate ur update... hope he will be fine...

  2. it is sad to read the news paper the other regarding this shooting incident happen. He is such a great guy and doing a perfect wonderful job. In return this what he got ? Will he rise up and fight back for his country ?or stopped by his family who is concern for his safety?..................



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Popular Posts - All Time


The best stories & news from The Star Online, New Straits Times, Malaysian Digest, Asiaone, Beautifulnara, Rotikaya, Ohbulan, TheMalayMailOnline, Siakap Keli, Malaysian Insider, Free Malaysia Today, Malaysian Gazette, Berita Harian Online, Kosmo, Sinar Harian and Yahoo are shared in this blog bestfbkl.blogspot.com to keep the blog community better informed.

This Blog claims no credit for any images or stories on this site unless otherwise posted.

Post and Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners.

If there is a post or image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it to appear on this site, please email with a link to the said image, it will be promptly removed.