Translate

05 August 2015

Australian Woman Who Breastfeeds Her 6-Year-Old Daughter Slams Critics

52-Year-Old Woman Who Breastfeeds Her 6-Year-Old Daughter Slams Critics

Maha Al Musa, an Australian woman who was pictured in a Woman’s Day article breastfeeding her 6-year-old daughter, Aminah, in a park has gotten  much slack from the public.
Dubbed the world’s oldest breastfeeder at age 52, she has even been called a paedophile.
The mother of three also claimed she knows best and that, “People can say whatever they like. I know what I am doing as a mother,” she told Channel 9's Inside Story.
“I have never had anyone come to me when I am breastfeeding and say a nasty word against me.
“My heart goes out to people who criticise me and I respect people’s criticism, [but] this isn’t about breastfeeding children,” said the woman who believes strongly in the power of her breast milk to protect her child.
Maha is proud to be breastfeeding her daughter and even posts photos online, openly sharing her mother and daughter bond.
From the Australian Woman's Day Photo ShootFrom the Australian Woman's Day Photo Shoot
Her daughter Aminah who turns seven in a few months says she enjoys the milk because it “tastes like candy canes.”
“My daughter a couple of weeks ago said she felt ready to stop breastfeeding but only maybe do it at night ...!!,” Maha wrote on her Facebook page.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) recommends breastfeeding with “appropriate complementary foods” for up to two years or beyond.
Although breastfeeding beyond primary school age could hinder the delicate process of emotional maturation and separation, physiologically however, there is no research to suggest that breastfeeding for longer than two years is significantly beneficial.
The WHO says: “We don't know. There is no evidence either way.”

Malaysian Digest

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED