Translate

28 June 2018

Bukit Gantang MP Datuk Syed Abu Hussin Hafiz Syed Abdul Fasal has become the second leader to quit Umno and Barisan Nasional, four days after Bagan Serai MP


Bukit Gantang MP quits Umno, blames party ‘in-fighting’
Wednesday, 27 Jun 20185:35 PM MYT
by allison lai



TAIPING: Bukit Gantang MP Datuk Syed Abu Hussin Hafiz Syed Abdul Fasal (pic) has become the second leader to quit Umno and Barisan Nasional, four days after Bagan Serai MP Datuk Dr Noor Azmi Ghazali.

Syed Abu Hussin, 57, told a press conference here Wednesday (June 27) that he would remain as an independent MP.


“I will fax my resignation letter to the Umno headquarters after this.

“I resign as Bukit Gantang Umno division chief today and my status as independent MP will take effect July 1.







“I hope my decision will be accepted by the voters and people of Bukit Gantang here,” he said.

Citing unhappiness over infighting in Bukit Gantang MP elections involving the Bukit Gantang Umno Wanita and Youth wings, Syed Abu Hussin said there was “no more stability and control in the party”.

“I am service oriented ... I don’t want to stop or hang on anymore.

“We had great support from the people in Bukit Gantang until all the fighting started prior to the party elections,” he added.


Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2018/06/27/bukit-gantang-mp-quits-umno-blames-party-in-fighting/#foP77FGbFTv9VfxM.99

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED