Translate

30 May 2018

In a Viral Video Jamal Yunos Says Hidden Hands Out To Get Him





image: https://www.thestar.com.my/~/media/online/2018/05/23/06/06/jamal-yunos-police.ashx/?w=620&h=413&crop=1&hash=62126C0BF4873F3D6DCB3D99F2D73A251A16F50B
PETALING JAYA: Controversial politician Datuk Seri Jamal Yunos still insists that he will eventually turn himself in at the Ampang Police District headquarters, but appeals to the police to give him time following his no-show on Monday.
In a video message recorded in front of a group of palm oil trees, the Sungai Besar Umno division chief alleged there were efforts to target him if he showed up at the police station as he had initially promised.
“I believe there are hidden hands who have the power to instruct the police to target me.
“I am not rejecting the rule of law but I fear there are other serious actions awaiting me as I have been blacklisted from travelling overseas,” he said in the video, which is slightly more than seven-minutes long.
He feels that his rights as a Malaysian citizen are not preserved, added Jamal.
“My family and I have been targeted. The police are hunting me as if they were ordered by those in power,' he claimed.
“I am depicted as if I had done a very serious crime even betrayed the country, judging by how they are treating me,” he said.
He also realised that he had promised to go to the police station on Monday to settle the matter, which he described as a misunderstanding.
“When I was remanded in connection with a police report based on a picture of me armed with a pistol and carrying a child.
I deny this as it was not me. It was an edited photo.
“Just because of that report, I was remanded at the hospital for three days and I was even charged for breaking bottles of alcohol beverages and trespassing on gambling premises,” he said.
He added that his actions were politically motivated but he was never a criminal.
“I am merely a political and society leader who wants to expose matters of public interest and I paid the price with authorities taking action against me,” he said.

Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2018/05/30/jamal-posts-viral-video-pledging-to-turn-himself-in-claims-hidden-hands-out-to-target-him/#BPmEuBz0WdMsbZ1Z.99

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED