Translate

14 March 2018

The Star CEO distances himself from Dato Seri Gnanaraja a businessman who is being probed byMACC


The Star CEO Wong: Photo with businessman taken at public event

NATION


Wednesday, 14 Mar 20184:44 PM MYT






PETALING JAYA: The Star Media Group Bhd group managing director and chief executive officer issued a statement Wednesday in response to a photo that was shared by Penang Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng.

At a press conference in Komtar on Wednesday, Lim shared the photo depicting Datuk Seri Wong Chun Wai posing with a businessman who is being probed by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) over the Penang tunnel issue.

This is Wong's full statement on the matter.

As a known media practitioner and the CEO of Star Media Group, I meet all kinds of people in the course of my work. Many times, I am asked for photographs to be taken with them, most of which are unknown to me. I do not know this particular person implicated.



This particular photo of me shown by the Chief Minister was taken on the night of 8th of August 2017 at the StarProperty.my Real Estate Awards Night 2017 (SREA 2017) held at Nexus Bangsar South, Kuala Lumpur. The event was organised by Star Property, which is a subsidiary of SMG.

As is evident in this photo where there are more than two persons present, this is a public function and not in anyone's private residence.

I was dressed in my black dinner jacket and for sure was wearing my shoes when that particular photo was taken.


Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2018/03/14/the-star-ceo-wong-photo-with-businessman-taken-at-public-event/#XFqdP9FzLC5UMwQe.99

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED