Translate

04 July 2017

8-month-old baby accidentally swallows a replica of a gold diamond ring.

Image result for Siti Khatijah Abu Bakar
Baby swallows fake ring, dislodges it the next day through natural bowel movement

Kelly Koh
New Straits TimesJuly 3, 2017






MELAKA: It was a Hari Raya Aidilfitri weekend that housewife Siti Khatijah Abu Bakar will never forget when her 8-month-old daughter accidentally swallowed a replica of a gold diamond ring.

The incident happened at 2pm on Sunday when the baby was playing with her 5-year-old sister who was wearing the costume jewellery.

“She was sleeping in the baby rocker when she suddenly woke up, so I told my other 5-year-old daughter to rock her back to sleep.

“Then suddenly, I heard her coughing and choking.

“I rushed over to check and my elder daughter told me that her baby sister had swallowed a ring that she was wearing,” she said, when met at her home in Telok Mas here today.

Khatijah then rushed her baby to the Melaka Hospital at 5pm and she was hospitalised at 11pm yesterday.

The mother said that initial x-ray test showed that the ring was located in her left stomach.

“I was shocked and terrified as the outline of the ring could be clearly seen.

“Doctors also told me that they may need to conduct surgery if the ring cannot be purged through natural bowel movement,” she said.

However at 8am today, Khatijah received a big surprise when her baby’s bowel movement resulted in the emergence of the ring.

“I am so happy that I started crying. This is a miracle.

“Doctors and nurses here were also surprised since they haven't decided on the best treatment for her,” she said.

The baby was discharged from the hospital earlier this morning.

Khatijah’s story has since gone viral on social media with 17,000 shares on Facebook.

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED