Translate

01 June 2017

Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad said he may be "forced to consider" becoming prime minister again if Pakatan Harapan had such a plan

Tun M 'may consider' becoming PM again if Pakatan has such plans

Image result for mahathir
KUALA LUMPUR: Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad said he may be "forced to consider" becoming prime minister again if Pakatan Harapan had such a plan for him.
The 91-year-old was asked whether he would agree to become the country's prime minister again, if the opposition defeated Barisan Nasional in the 14th General Election.
"I cannot belakangkan (ignore) my friends in the Pakatan Harapan coalition. If they have such a plan and it is agreed upon, I would be forced to consider it," he said in a live session on his Facebook page, today.
However, Dr Mahathir, who is also Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia chairman said that at this moment, he does not agree to becoming the prime minister.
"I have said that after I retire, I would not become prime minister again."
Asked what role he would play instead of becoming premier, he expressed hope that he would be given the opportunity to voice his views.
"I was prime minister for 22 years. I have a lot of experience and information which may be useful.
"If I am given the opportunity, I am ready to take part in discussions to find solutions to problems that we are facing," he added.
Dr Mahathir stepped down in 2003 after 22 years in office.

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED