MUSIC PLAYER AT BOTTOM

OVER 130 TOP HITS AVAILABLE ON OUR MUSIC PLAYER AT THE BOTTOM. TO VIEW THE LIST - CLICK ON MENU ICON AT THE BOTTOM RIGHT ... PLAYER NOT AVAILABLE FOR MOBILE PHONE / TABLET USERS

TO GET UPDATES IN YOUR E-MAIL PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS

Tuesday, 15 November 2016

Government hospitals will see an increase in charges for its first and second class wards starting next year.


Government hospitals to increase charges next year
THE STAR


KUALA LUMPUR: Government hospitals will see an increase in charges for its first and second class wards starting next year.

Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr S. Subramaniam said the charges will only affect patients who choose to be placed in either of the two upper classes while rates for third-class wards remain unchanged.

Dr Subramaniam said they have yet to decide on the new charges.

A Malay daily, however, reported yesterday that the increase would be by 50%.



“We have not raised the charges for over 30 years now. Even with the upcoming increase, these two classes are still heavily subsidised by the Government,” Dr Subramaniam told reporters at the Health Ministry office here yesterday.

He said prices and costs have gone up in the last 30 years, causing government subsidies to be increased and the only way to cut down the subsidies is by raising the fees of the wards.

“The ministry’s concern is to take care of the low-income group and for them, we won’t impose additional charges (for third-class wards).”

Dr Subramaniam noted that currently, there are only 32,000 patients in the first and second class wards out of the total two million patients in public hospitals nationwide.

Regarding the safety and maintenance of hospitals, Dr Subramaniam said a total of RM55mil has been deducted from contractual payments to five concessionaires by the ministry for failure to meet contract requirements. The deductions were made between April last year and August this year.

He cited failure to meet contract requirements, project deadlines and poor service delivery as reasons for the deduction.

“If their performance is very bad, rest assured that we will request that such people not be given another contract.

“But if there is an element of criminality or fraud, then we will report them to the MACC (Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission) or the police,” he said.

Dr Subramaniam added that officers have also been placed around the country to monitor the concessionaires.

Officers who are found to have been negligent could also face action under the Public Service Department, he said.

Under Budget 2017, a total of RM25bil has been allocated for healthcare improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT TO WIN A PRIZE EVERY FORTNIGHT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TWITTER POSTS

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Popular Posts - All Time

STORY SOURCE

The best stories & news from The Star Online, NST, Malaysian Digest, Asiaone, Beautifulnara, Rotikaya, Ohbulan, TheMalayMailOnline, Siakap Keli, Malaysian Insider, Free Malaysia Today and Yahoo are shared in this BLOG bestfbkl.blogspot.com

This Blog claims no credit for any images or stories on this site unless otherwise posted.

Post and Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners.

If there is a post or image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it to appear on this site, please email with a link to the said image, it will be promptly removed.

Google+ Followers