Translate

25 July 2016

Actor Adlin Aman Ramlie detained by police for alleged involvement in an investment fraud syndicate felt like he was trapped and exploited


Adlin: I felt like I was exploited
THE STAR






PETALING JAYA: Actor Adlin Aman Ramlie (pic), who was detained by police for alleged involvement in an investment fraud syndicate, said he felt like he was trapped and exploited over the incident.

“If you ask me personally, I felt like I was trapped and exploited by the syndicate,” he said at a press conference at Sri Pentas yesterday to clear the air after appearing live on TV3’s Melodi.

Adlin, 44, also denied that he was involved in illegal investment activities in any syndicate.

When asked on what was his connection to a company that is under investigation, Adlin said he had appeared at events for the company but did not promote any of its schemes.



“I won't say that I do not know the company. I know the founders and I have met them at their events,” he said, adding that he knew several of those arrested by police.

“Over the past few years, I was active in a network marketing business and I attended many events as a guest. That is what celebrities do,” he said, adding that he sometimes attended as an emcee or to give motivational talk and speak on network marketing techniques.

He added that the last time he appeared at an event for the company was in December last year.

Adlin added that will fully cooperate with police if he is needed to assist in the investigation.

Meanwhile, on allegations that Adlin has been protecting the syndicate’s masterminds, Adlin’s lawyer Shah Rizal Abdul Manan told the press conference that the claims are still being investigated by police.

Last Wednesday, Adlin was among 14 people detained for alleged involvement in the syndicate, which is said to be responsible for “collecting” RM35mil from members to be invested in “property and foreign currency”.

Police also seized nine luxury cars and jewellery estimated to be worth almost RM1mil.

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED