Translate

27 October 2015

Video of Controversial rapper and filmmaker Namewee venting his frustration at a government DPP has gone viral

Pic: Youtube screengrab

Rapper Namewee Causes Commotion Outside High Court, Asks "Why Does The Government Hate Me?"

Controversial rapper and filmmaker Namewee has made headlines again after he decided to vent his frustration at a government prosecution lawyer and the recorded video of the incident has gone viral.
In the 1:04 minute video, Namewee can be seen directing his furious rant at Johor state-appointed prosecution chief, Saiful Edris Zainuddin after he found out that his case hearing was postponed.
"In Malaysia, does one offence carry two types of punishment?
"If I am convicted for stealing and get my hand chopped off, can you join back the hand and chop off the leg instead?
"Is there such a thing? You are a lawyer, what do you say? Is that permissible?
"You are famous, I am just a poor ordinary guy
"Do you wish me dead? Why do you hate me so much?
"Why does the government hate me? What crime have I committed?
"I have won many awards overseas for Malaysia. I have tried to help my country, tried to be a Malaysian."
&feature=youtu.be
Throughout the entire episode of being subjected to Namewee's furious rant, the Johor prosecution chief's replies are inaudible over the recording and the tense exchange only subsided when a female acquaintance appeared on the scene and attempted to calm the irate filmmaker.
The video has since been posted to Youtube by China Press Daily two days ago, gaining over 51,000 views.
Puchong MP Gobind Singh Deo, who is acting as Namewee's lawyer said he is trying to find out what actually happened in the Muar High Court on Monday during the case involving his client.
“He will be coming to my office in Kuala Lumpur on Tuesday to see me,” Gobind stated refusing further comments, reports a local online news portal.
The postponed court session was to hear the state prosecution’s appeal against the Muar Sessions Court order that the artiste serve three months of community service instead of a jail sentence after Namewee was found guilty of insulting the modesty of a TNB officer under Section 509 of the penal code in December last year.
- mD

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED