MUSIC PLAYER AT BOTTOM

OVER 130 TOP HITS AVAILABLE ON OUR MUSIC PLAYER AT THE BOTTOM. TO VIEW THE LIST - CLICK ON MENU ICON AT THE BOTTOM RIGHT ... PLAYER NOT AVAILABLE FOR MOBILE PHONE / TABLET USERS

TO GET UPDATES IN YOUR E-MAIL PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS

SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI

SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI

Tuesday, 28 April 2015

Seri Serdang lawmaker Noor Hanim Ismail has admitted to being the sender of an official letter objecting to the Thirst 2015 Concert

PAS’s Seri Serdang assemblyman admits objecting to Thirst concert

DAP's Seri Kembangan assemblyman Ean Yong Hian Wah denies he is the state rep who complained to the police forcing the cancellation of the Thirst 2015: We Are All Stardust concert, even though the event was to be held in his constituency. His Pakatan Rakyat colleague from Seri Serdang, Noor Hanim Ismail of PAS, has now admitted to sending the letter. – The Malaysian Insider pic, April 28, 2015.DAP's Seri Kembangan assemblyman Ean Yong Hian Wah denies he is the state rep who complained to the police forcing the cancellation of the Thirst 2015: We Are All Stardust concert, even though the event was to be held in his constituency. His Pakatan Rakyat colleague from Seri Serdang, Noor Hanim Ismail of PAS, has now admitted to sending the letter. – The Malaysian Insider pic, April 28, 2015.Seri Serdang lawmaker Noor Hanim Ismail has admitted to being the sender of an official letter objecting to the Thirst 2015: We Are All Stardust concert, which led to its eleventh-hour cancellation last Saturday.
The PAS representative said it was her responsibility as a Muslim legislator to stop the concert, which is sponsored by beer company Heineken, as it would have an adverse social impact on society.
"It was the local authority's decision. It is my responsibility as a Muslim and assemblyman to oppose it," she told The Malaysian Insider.
A copy of the letter dated April 24, sighted by The Malaysian Insider, reveals that Hanim had expressed concerns over the concert's organisers, although the letter did not name the entertainment event company.
She said in the letter that while the concert organiser tended to use different company names to apply for permits, it was always the same people behind the scenes.
"The same people organising this programme were also involved in the programme in Bukit Jalil," she wrote in the letter, referring to the Future Music Festival Asia concert that left six dead from drug overdose in March last year.
"Similar activities were carried out in a programme in SIC Sepang previously. The Sepang Municipal Council has blacklisted the organiser for violating the terms and for excessive entertainment. It was suspected that there was widespread use of drugs and other banned substances."
She also described the Thirst 2015 concert as a "mega disco".
The letter's date on Friday meant that it was submitted to the Subang Jaya Municipal Council (MPSJ) a day before the concert was to be held.
Hanim had addressed it to MPSJ president Datuk Nor Hisham Ahmad Dahlan.
The letter was also copied to Selangor Menteri Besar Mohamed Azmin Ali and the state's exco for Islamic Affairs, Malay Customs and Heritage, Rural Development and Traditional Villages, Datuk Dr Ahmad Yunus Hairi.
The concert on Saturday was to be held at the Mines International Exhibition and Convention Centre (MIECC) in Seri Kembangan, which is in the Serdang parliamentary constituency.
Its last-minute cancellation prompted outcry from music fans and a statement from Serdang MP Ong Kian Ming (pic, right), who said it was the police who had stopped the event by withdrawing their support for it just one day before the concert, causing the MPSJ to withdraw the entertainment permit that had already been issued to the organiser, Future Sound Asia Sdn. Bhd.
Ong said police had given no reason for their withdrawal of support and added that the Serdang police headquarters (IPD) had issued a letter on March 25 to state that they had no objections to the event.
This had led MPSJ to issue a temporary permit to the organiser but under certain conditions, which included a ban on persons under the age of 18 and on Muslim concert-goers.
Ong said the police's move was unfair to the organisers besides denting Malaysia's reputation as a destination for international events.
The Serdang police then issued a statement, saying they withdrew their support for the concert based on objections from the public and a state assemblyman's office.
“On Friday, April 24, PDRM had decided not to support (the concert) after receiving objections and feedback on April 23 from public and the state assemblyman's office regarding the concert,” Serdang police district chief Asst Comm Razimi Ahmad had said.
Police did not name the legislator, leading Seri Kembangan assemblyman Ean Yong Hian Wah to deny that he had objected to the concert, since the concert venue is located in his constituency.
“This unprofessional act by the police is unacceptable and I ask that the police disclose related documents to prove which assemblyperson's office is objecting the concert,” Ean Yong was quoted as saying by news portal Malaysiakini yesterday.
A staff member of Noor Hanim's office had earlier confirmed with The Malaysian Insider that they had sent an objection letter to the MPSJ on Friday.
MPSJ deputy corporate communications chief Muhamad Azli Miswan also confirmed Noor Hanim's letter and said the council would provide a full explanation of its decision after a board meeting today. – April 28, 2015.
- See more at: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/pass-seri-serdang-assemblyman-admits-objecting-to-thirst-concert#sthash.SeG0kAeN.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT TO WIN A PRIZE EVERY FORTNIGHT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TWITTER POSTS

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Popular Posts - All Time

STORY SOURCE

The best stories & news from The Star Online, NST, Malaysian Digest, Asiaone, Beautifulnara, Rotikaya, Ohbulan, TheMalayMailOnline, Siakap Keli, Malaysian Insider, Free Malaysia Today and Yahoo are shared in this BLOG bestfbkl.blogspot.com

This Blog claims no credit for any images or stories on this site unless otherwise posted.

Post and Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners.

If there is a post or image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it to appear on this site, please email with a link to the said image, it will be promptly removed.

Google+ Followers