Translate

25 November 2014

Malaysian PM's Wife Rosmah: Reject those using my name for projects!


 
KUALA LUMPUR: Those lobbying for projects using Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor’s name may face immediate rejection.
Rosmah, who is the wife of Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak, has called on departments, agencies and ministries not to approve project proposals by those dropping her name.
“Whoever uses my name, I ask the offices and ministries not to approve it,” she said at the annual Squad Sayang gathering at Hotel Sri Pacific here yesterday.
She said there were cases where those proposing projects claimed that she had 20% or 30% stake in it.
“How can the department heads approve such projects without even checking the facts with me?” asked Rosmah who is also the patron of Squad Sayang.
Rosmah said the best way to check the problem was to immediately reject those who dropped her name.
“I also have no authority to sign anything. My signature is worthless,” she stressed.
Earlier, Rosmah had the Squad Sayang members in stitches when she said Najib had ordered her to attend the gathering even if she had to crawl to the hotel.
“I am not well. I had fever last night and my throat was sore. But my husband told me to attend even if I have to crawl because he did not want me to disappoint those participating in the event,” she said.
Rosmah also said Najib called her Dr Quack because she was a natural remedy buff.
“I used the Chinese remedy – I boiled almond with mint leaves for four to five hours, added red dates, and it helped relieve my phlegm problem,” she said, adding that she only took a painkiller to sleep.
On a more serious note, Rosmah expressed disappointment against those trying to undermine Najib’s leadership.
She said world leaders including Russian president Vladimir Putin had requested to meet Najib, but locally there appeared to be resistance even from those within the same party.
“Don’t backstab a friend. Let’s play the game together. Sometimes, I feel sad looking at my husband.
“When he asks for help, please help him,” she said.

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED