MUSIC PLAYER AT BOTTOM

OVER 130 TOP HITS AVAILABLE ON OUR MUSIC PLAYER AT THE BOTTOM. TO VIEW THE LIST - CLICK ON MENU ICON AT THE BOTTOM RIGHT ... PLAYER NOT AVAILABLE FOR MOBILE PHONE / TABLET USERS

TO GET UPDATES IN YOUR E-MAIL PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS

Friday, 31 January 2014

Michael Schumacher Has 'Blinked'

Michael Schumacher Has 'Blinked' And Is 'Responding To Instructions'

Schumacher has shown some signs of recovery./says.comSchumacher has shown some signs of recovery./says.comFORMULA One legend Michael Schumacher is “responding to instructions” as medics gradually bring him out of his coma, according to reports.
It has also been alleged that the seven-time world champion has blinked during brain tests.
Citing “very reliable sources”, L’Equipe newspaper said Schumacher has undergone a number of neurological tests since Monday and he has responded “positively”.
Schumacher, 45, was plunged into an artificial coma after suffering traumatic brain injury in his near-fatal skiing accident on December 29 in the French resort of Meribel. Shutting down function can give the brain time to heal.
The sports daily revealed on Wednesday that medics had started the process to end his coma by gradually reducing the dosage of powerful anaesthetic drugs being administered.
And on Thursday the newspaper revealed Schumacher had blinked during the “first stage” of brain tests.
The newspaper’s deputy editor Jérémie Arbona said the publication was “100 per cent sure” that its story was correct.
The paper wrote: “After gradually reducing the sedation of the patient, the team of Professor Emmanuel Gay [the medic overseeing Schumacher’s treatment] has been doing neurological tests since Monday. During this first stage, the patient blinked.” Sky News quoted sources saying Schumacher was “responding to instructions”.
It is not known if the information from the two separate reports is linked and therefore whether Schumacher blinked on command.
But Professor Jean-Luc Truelle, the former head of the neurology department of the Foch hospital in Suresnes, told L’Equipe that once the patient opens their eyes there would be a “re-establishment of some kind of communication, which we verify through simple commands,” such as “open your eyes, shut your eyes, squeeze your hand".
"Schumacher appears to show this type of reawakening,” wrote L’Equipe.
The newspaper said it was “undoubtedly the best news” since his accident.
Earlier in the day, following intense media interest worldwide, Schumacher’s manager Sabine Kehm was forced to confirm that Schumacher was being brought round from his coma. She had initially responded to the reports by telling fans to treat all unofficial statements as speculation.
She said: “Michael’s sedation has recently been reduced to initiate a process of awakening which may take a long time.
“To protect the family, initially it was clearly agreed between all parties only to disclose this medical information once this process was consolidated.
“The family wishes to express sincere appreciation for the sympathy they have received from around the world.” Schumacher has been receiving round-the-clock care in Grenoble University Hospital.
Surgeons have performed two operations to relieve pressure on his brain and remove blood clots.
According to Prof Truelle, the two months following this phase are a period of confusion in which the patient is in a state of “lethargy” and that recovery stage can take “several years in the case of serious head injuries".
It is possible for someone to spend several weeks in an induced coma and make a full recovery. But Professor Gary Hartstein, Formula One’s chief medic between 2005 and 2012, said: “It is extremely unlikely, and I’d honestly say virtually impossible, that the Michael we knew prior to this fall will ever be back.” Wife Corinna, 44, with whom the champion has two children Gina Marie, 16, and Mick, 14, has remained at his bedside.
Schumacher had his catastrophic accident in the French ski resort of Meribel, where he owns a chalet.

 

-The Telegraph

Pre-schooler forces girl to give oral sex in toilet

Pre-schooler forces girl to give oral sex in toilet

   
MALACCA: A pre-schooler is alleged to have forced a five-year-old girl in the same kindergarten to perform oral sex on him.
The boy then performed the same act on the girl, according to a police report lodged by her mother.
News of the alleged incident on Monday shocked many here, including Chief Minister Datuk Seri Idris Haron.
State deputy CID chief Supt P.R. Gunarajan said police were investigating the alleged incident following the police report lodged by the girl’s mother.
In her report, the 34-year-old nurse said the boy, also aged five, had forced her daughter to perform sexual acts in the toilet of the kindergarten in Paya Rumput during recess from 10am to 10.30am.
She claimed the acts were witnessed by two other children, who were also in the toilet at the time.
The mother, who lodged the report at the Tanjung Minyak police station at 4pm, also sent her daughter to the Malacca Hospital for a medical examination.
It is learnt that the medical check-up produced negative results in terms of sexual penetration.
State officials said that Idris was both shocked and upset when he first heard about the case.
Malacca Action Group for Parents in Education (Magpie) chairman Mak Chee Kin said that the trend of such cases involving children was worrying.
He said that children could be exposed to pornography from various sources.
“It all boils down to lack of supervision by parents.
“It is unbelievable that a child can go to such extremes,” he added.

10 Year Old Rape Victim Regains Consciousness

MUAR: The 10-year-old rape victim, who was also sodomised and slashed, regained consciousness at the Sultanah Fatimah Hospital here today.

The girl was abducted on Tuesday while cycling to school. 
She was rescued less than two hours later but by that time the suspect, who was high on drugs had already raped and injured her with a knife.
She was warded in the hospital in an unconscious state but has since regained consciousness and taken out of the intensive care unit of the hospital.
Security has been beefed up at the hospital to unsure that reporters do not slip in to interview the girl.
Both her parents who remained vigil on her bedside refused to speak to members of the press, and police also remained tight-lipped, not wanting to sensationalise the story.
A reliable source said the hospital will be offering counselling services to both the girl and her parents, to help them cope with the incident.
The source also said that it was paramount for the girl to be allowed to rest and not reminded of her traumatic experience, as it would have a negative impact on her.
The 28-year-old suspect has been remanded and may spend the rest of his natural life behind bars upon conviction.


TWO SEPARATE INCIDENTS OF FIREWORKS EXPLODING ON THE FACE

Vegetable farmer dies after fireworks explosion




   
IPOH: A 42-year-old vegetable farmer died when fireworks exploded on his face in Malim Nawar, about 30km from here.
Chai Ming Yau died on his way to the Kampar hospital. 
The incident occurred on Friday at about 12.30pm infront of the victim's house in Taman Malim Nawar.
A police source said the father of a four-year-old child died after the fireworks exploded while he was playing with them infront of his house.
This is the second fireworks explosion death on Friday after a factory dispatch worker died in similar circumstances in Johor. 

Dispatch worker dies after fireworks explode in his face

   
JOHOR BARU: A 36-year-old factory dispatch worker died after fireworks exploded while he was lighting them to usher in the Chinese New Year.
Sze Joon Choon lit the fireworks at the stroke of midnight on Jan 31 at his home in Permas here when tragedy struck.
Family members and friends who were also with him watched in horror as the fireworks exploded in his face.
Sze was then rushed to the Sultanah Aminah Hospital where he was later pronounced dead at 7.30am.
Johor Baru South OCPD Asst Comm Sulaiman Salleh said that Sze had died due to severe injuries to his face.
"I warn those celebrating the season to refrain from lighting up fireworks.
"There is no need to take risk our safety especially during a joyous occasion," he said.
ACP Sulaiman added that firecrackers were illegal and the police would take action on anyone found to be in posession of them.
"We also receive many complaints from irritated neighbours of loud fireworks and will take necessary action," he said.

4 Children of Malaysian couple remanded in Sweden leave Stockholm

Four children of Malaysian couple remanded in Sweden leave Stockholm

   
STOCKHOLM: The four children of the Malaysian couple who were detained by the Swedish authorities for hitting the hand of their youngest son for refusing to perform the prayer, left Stockholm on Friday.
The four siblings - Aishah (14 years old), Ammar, 12, Adam, 11, and Arif, 7, departed for Malaysia at 6.30am local time together with Malaysian Deputy Foreign Minister Datuk Hamzah Zainuddin, as well as a special officer of the deputy minister and a relative of the four children.
Hamzah told Bernama by telephone before leaving that they were expected to arrive in Malaysia on Saturday.
Malaysian Ambassador to Sweden, Datuk Badruddin Ab Rahman, sent them to the airport here.
Meanwhile on Thursday, the prosecutor had obtained a court order to extend the detention of the children's father, Azizul Raheem Awalludin, a Tourism Malaysia official, for another 11 days up to Feb 10, to assist in the investigation on the alleged hitting on the child's hand.
The court issued the order to enable the prosecution represented by Anna Arnelle, to continue the investigation on the case.
It is learnt that the same court would sit on Friday to decide on the detention of Azizul's wife, Shalwati Norshal, a teacher who is on no-pay leave.
Azizul and Shalwati had been remanded since Dec 18 and the remand order had been extended thrice.
There is no limit on the duration of the remand order in Sweden.
Following the detention, their children had been separated from them for 42 days.
The four siblings had been looked after by a non-Muslim family appointed by the Swedish authorities.
On Thursday, after being separated from their parents for 42 days, the four children were taken to meet their relatives from Malaysia.
They were then handed over to a Malaysian embassy official who is their new Muslim foster family. - Bernama
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TWITTER POSTS

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Popular Posts - All Time

STORY SOURCE

The best stories & news from The Star Online, NST, Malaysian Digest, Asiaone, Beautifulnara, Rotikaya, Ohbulan, TheMalayMailOnline, Siakap Keli, Malaysian Insider, Free Malaysia Today and Yahoo are shared in this BLOG bestfbkl.blogspot.com

This Blog claims no credit for any images or stories on this site unless otherwise posted.

Post and Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners.

If there is a post or image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it to appear on this site, please email with a link to the said image, it will be promptly removed.

Google+ Followers